cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

3 Months and NO Bus! :(

mlmclaren
Grafter

3 Months and NO Bus! :(

OK so this issues has been ongoing for some time now, and while it did look like it was being resolved I've now noticed it hasn't changed much at all and living scared of making any changes at home that will lead to PPP session dropping (if Plusnet doesn't boot us from a gateway that is) is stupid.
Now I don't care if the issues lie within BT Wholesale's links or Plusnet's Gateways, What I do care about is the issue it has been having on my service and knowing that I can change provider and fix it...
Now I obviously made a mistake coming to Plusnet, I'm told I shouldn't expect much as it's cheap... however my reason for joining Plusnet was the advanced feature that other providers didn't offer... (Static IP) and also the installation of a modem and not some useless AiO Modem/Router, nothing to do with the price though the offer I received upon signing up was a bonus of course.
I can't say I'm totally disappointed with Plusnet though as the service they have provided at my other address has been fine and every time I've asked for something to be changed because i've fancied having a meddle with things like SNR and Error Correction however keeping a 3 megabit ADSL line in order isn't really a tough job, If this line in question was to ever be eligible for a Faster service such as FTTC then I wouldn't be able to trust Plusnet to be the providers of this, however the good news is that it is at the bottom of any list for consideration for upgrades currently so it's staying put.
Anyway ill get to the point, I'm not happy at the service I've received for the past 3 months and with little to no sign of improvement I've done much homework on other providers and how they would provide a potential service to myself and what advantages or disadvantage I would have if I switched.
I've found that I'm one of the lucky few that has access to a certain providers LLU network at my exchange as well as a few other major ISP's LLU equipment too, so avoiding the BT Wholesale links from my exchange is on the Pro's list for sure.... I've also found that they provide an advanced feature that would be a very useful addition to my connection and network...
I feel that after the 3 months of waiting and the bus still not turning up, I'm due some sort of goodwill gesture and here is my proposal, The OPTION to have my early termination fee's halved and my MAC to be on my way!
7 REPLIES 7
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: 3 Months and NO Bus! :(

I'm going to be pretty blunt here, I hope you don't take offence. I'm not going to discuss individual cancellation charges and circumstances publicly, I believe that the query of your cancellation has been discussed in your complaints ticket too. If you would like to cancel, our Customer Options Team are the best place to contact.
Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
mlmclaren
Grafter

HI Chris, I'm going to be pretty blunt too, the complaints ticket you speak of was a one way conversation (from plusnet) confirming over and over again that you had no intention of resolving my issues and was a consistent stream of messages saying that Plusnet where inside their Terms and Conditions of contract even when I wasn't asking about the terms and conditions.
I felt the support I was receiving was substandard and being passed around random people constantly...
I even asked on that ticket for someone to take some notice of my issues and I got a similar message back about terms and conditions... no attention was paid to my reports of a fault or my request for some assistance.... now I'm open to you sending me a message with my current Early Termination charges for my service.
Also I'm assuming they will be at the £6.30 per month charge and not the new £11.65 monthly charge that takes effect today.... I wasn't notified of any change after all..
Also If you wish for me to call any team at Plusnet I will need you to agree to pay me for my time as calls top PLusnet aren't exactly 5-10 minute thing...
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Hi there,
Just to reiterate a post I said in the other thread:
Quote from: MattyC
In terms of the price guide; nothing has changed apart from the way it's shown. Mlmclaren's charges show correct at £174.75. This is £11.65 per month without any LRS involved. Previously, it showed as two separate charges. £6.30 for the fibre, £5.35 for the phone.

So on the old way the T's and C's looked, the exit fees are the same.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mlmclaren
Grafter

This whole experience has been one big fucking mess...... your terms and conditions make no fucking sense what so ever.... mis sold the service and misread the Ts & Cs...
It's time for us to come to some sort of agreement to end this mess... 3 months rubbish broadband that isn't getting any better and everytime I look deeper into it I find another issue hiding in the corner...
I know I'm not getting out for free but PLusnet need to take responsibility for a bit of this issue!
mlmclaren
Grafter

Thanks for the response!
MattyC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 46

Quote from: mlmclaren
This whole experience has been one big [Censored] mess...... your terms and conditions make no [Censored] sense what so ever.... mis sold the service and misread the Ts & Cs...

I'm sorry that we didn't respond yesterday, but in honesty I'm not sure if there's much more of value that we can add to this conversation. Your cancellation charges have not changed at any point, so if you would like to leave, it would be best to speak with our Customer Options Team.
ex-Plusnet staffer. Any posts after 28/07/2017 aren't on behalf of Plusnet
mlmclaren
Grafter

But I feel I've been mislead on my cancellation charges and with the reduced service, surely some sort of reduced leaving charge should only be fair!