Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(2nd user experiencing) Promotional Discount Missing

FIXED
diond09
Hooked

(2nd user experiencing) Promotional Discount Missing

Good evening,

I'm sorry if I'm not supposed to duplicate recent posts with the same issue, but concerned that my post on somebody else's thread would get missed.

However, I've just had my bill through and noticed that I haven't been discounted my LRS for January 2019. I definitely know that it is not up for renewal until 11 July 2019, so am wondering if there's a wider issue with billing?

I don't normally post on here so am not too sure if anybody can do anything to help on here or do I need to get in touch with the contact centre tomorrow, or both?

Many thanks.

3 REPLIES 3
kjpetrie
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Re: (2nd user experiencing) Promotional Discount Missing

I had a similar issue with my new FTTC service, offered at a discount which was not applied to my first bill. I went on chat to the billing department who say they've sorted it out. I'll see next month.

PN staff do visit the forum and it is likely your post will be picked up and acted upon, but I'd still suggest checking next month's bill because there seem to be some problems with interdepartmental communication, judging by my experience of things going wrong.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Hi there.

I've had a look into this for you and as my response contains account information, I'm not particularly comfortable in posting the detail publicly, so I've created a ticket with my response on which I hope helps clarify things. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
diond09
Hooked

Thanks Gandalf, your speedy response was very much appreciated.

I'm quite happy to say publicly that my initial 18 month contract has now expired, which is why my bill has increased.

However, I do have to say that Plusnet has been very sneaky. As more and more people are moving away from home phones, line rental is really used as a way to prop up internet costs for the consumer.

Whilst Plusnet hasn't been transparent about it, the LRS was / is being used as a way to entice people to take advantage of discounting what they pay for the internet.

So now, I'm in a position whereby I paid for two concurrent 12 month LRS contracts to get the discount on line rental; my overall 18 month internet contract has just expired, which leaves me with 6 months' of effectively useless LRS, which I paid up front for but will not be getting any financial benefit from. Clever, but extremely sneaky and underhand, which leaves a very bitter taste in my mouth.