cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2nd Monthly payment still pending?

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

2nd Monthly payment still pending?

The second payment for my monthly broadband and line rental was due to be taken on the 10th of May, but the email I got said it could be taken on or up to the 15th May. Just checked my account and it is still saying under scheduled payments `pending`. PlusNet set up my Direct Debit so just wanted to check if this payment has been taken or will be taken soon? I paid my first installment by debit card when I signed up, but then expected my second payment to be taken through the Direct Debit. I don`t know if there has been any problems with the Direct Debit as I haven`t set it up, PlusNet did.

Any updates on this would be good as I don`t want any late payment demands. The card I paid with the first time has since been removed from my account and the Direct Debit was to then take over the payments.

Thanks guys.

9 REPLIES 9
Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Re: 2nd Monthly payment still pending?

Hi there,

Checking your account doesn't show anything worrying. Direct debit payments can take 7-10 working days to clear, so there's still some time until then anyway.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.
plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Thanks for your quick reply Chris, appreciated. Just got a bit worried that it hadn`t been taken by the dates specified in the email, but as you say, it may take that wee bit longer. Will check my bank statement tomorrow when in town but will wait it out to see if the payment is taken over the coming week.

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Ooops....just checked the email again I received from PlusNet that came through on the 10th May, but it states, `payment will be taken on or AFTER the 15th May..... Embarrassed So I read it wrong. Looks like the payment will go out this week sometime.

Jonpe
Hero
Fixes: 9

PN usually say the money will be taken from your account on a date that is three working days after your billing date.  The 10th was a Wednesday so that means they'd say the money would be taken on or after Monday 15th.  In my experience it usually leaves my bank account a day after the day stated in the email, and shows up on my PN account a day after that.

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi April, just to confirm, the Direct Debit can take on average 5-7 working days once the bill is produced before the money hits your Plusnet account, in your case the bill is on the 10th of each month so we would expect to receive the payment in the next day or two, If the payment left your account on the 10th which it should have then this is how it will work each month - Tony

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Checked my bank this morning while in town and the money was taken yesterday (16th) so I jumped the gun thinking it was before that. Will not be so quick to panic next time! Thanks everyone. Thumbs_Up

TonyMC
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 3

Hi Plusmouse, No problem, so as I said give it a week after it comes from your bank and it should be on the account

plusmouse
Aspiring Pro

Will do Tony, many thanks. Really enjoying being with PlusNet since joining from BT. Everything has been quickly dealt with, set up and questions answered quickly. Can`t ask for more.

Chris
Legend
Fixes: 169

Great to hear! Please do let us know if there's anything else we can help with.

Former Plusnet Staff member. Posts after 31st Jan 2020 are not on behalf of Plusnet.