cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£25 Cash Back?

mika12

£25 Cash Back?

Hi, all. I signed up for plus net recently and suppose to get a 25 cash back offer after my first bill. Rang the billing and payments line today to change my dd date after beeing on hold for 27 min to be told that they can't change dd date. This is the very first company ever that told me I can't change a dd date. Bizzare. Also questioned the lady about 25 cash back and she said that's not a plus net and she doesn't know anything about it. However online b4 you sign up its clearly says after you pay your first bill you will get 25 cash back:)) ??????
9 REPLIES 9
scoobydoo1
Grafter

Re: £25 Cash Back?

yup makes u laugh, when the staff deny all knowledge of the offer, even tho its in black and white on plusnets own home webpage lol.sounds like staff are not upto speed on things, just post a ticket, it should get sorted out for you when you point out the offer on the homepage
James
Grafter

You should get a cheque approximately 60 days after you go live.
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

To quote from the website ('Here's the legal bit')
2. Once both your broadband and phone services have been active for 30 days, and as long as your account is not in failed billing, your cashback will be sent to you within the next 30 days.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
mbucciante

I have joined before the 8th of September, and on the website there was a clear indication of 25 pounds cashback (without mentioning terms and conditions). I phone in October and they told me I had to wait 60 days, I called now once more and they told me that there wasn't such an offer at the time!
I find this quite unacceptable and I demand immediate payment!
ScottStorey
Pro
Fixes: 1

Hi mbucciante,
Welcome to the forums and sorry that it is under such circumstances.
I've had a look over your account, the person you spoke to yesterday has passed this on to one of the team leaders to investigate what has happened for you and to try and get it sorted.
It's not 100% clear on his notes, but it looks like he explained that you signed up after the cashback offer had ended but you were going to send in some screenshots of the offer still being on the website at the time?
mbucciante

Hi Scott, on the 8th of September the offer was still on. I do not think I need to provide evidence of this because it was on the site when I joined and I expect the cashback to be provided, as per conversation with your colleague in October, when I was explained, in a very patronising way, that I had to show I was a good customer  for 60 days in order to qualify the cash. This anyway was not at all explained clearly in the subscription process. It was listed in the "value offer" and I am expecting to get it.
ScottStorey
Pro

Hi,
This is a link to the last £25 cashback offer we had - http://www.plus.net/offers/sale9cash/ .
From the "Here's the Legal Bit" at the bottom:
9 months half price broadband + £25 cashback
1.  New customers who place an order for Plusnet Essentials Broadband or Plusnet Unlimited Broadband with a home phone product by September 3rd, 2013 get 50% off their monthly broadband rental charge for 9 months and £25 cashback.

After that it moved to just 9 months half price which is the offer that you are on.
mbucciante

The same offer was prolonged after the 3rd of September, and in fact I had the 50% discount for 9 months, having joined on the 8th, and so I saw also the £25 cashback. You support my point, that was an package, where the 50% off was already given to me
ScottStorey
Pro

I'm not really sure how what I've posted has supported your point?
We had an offer of 9 months half price + £25 cash back that ran until 3rd September which is linked above and then the week after that we started an offer with just 9 months half price which is currently ongoing?
You are on the latter offer.