cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

23 days since cancellation..still waiting for £200+ refund

FA
Hooked

23 days since cancellation..still waiting for £200+ refund

I paid annual line rental and one month's charges on the 10th September. I cancelled on the 14th September and was assured I would get my refund within 5-10 days back on my debit card.

I rang on the 27th, having waited longer than that, and was told that actually it would be within 5 days of that and that it would be this week.

I rang this morning, and was told that I would need to wait till the 10th October when billing was updated for the refund to start being processed, and it would be a further 5 days before I got my refund.

I asked to speak to a manager, who told me initially that I would get my refund by cheque, and that he would speak to someone who could organise that. I asked that I be paid back by the same method I paid, as is publicised and as I'd been told, and he said that he would try to do that but wasnt sure if it was possible. Sonething to do with the way the account was cancelled. He assured me he would call me back today.

I rang in the afternoon to find out what was happening, my ticket was updated saying that the manager would call me back but he was waiting for information. I haven't heard anything back.

I've spent a lot of time over the last month trying to sort this, I've been told it's coming several times, but I'm no further forward. Its frustrating being assured of things, only to hear nothing and have a different story the next time you chase. I don't know what's going wrong but I do know that I need the money. I'm not confident I'm going to get it any time soon. I can't understand how this is acceptable to Plusnet. You are alienating your potential customers and noone seems to be taking responsibility at your end.

Please can this be escalated and can I get my money back?
10 REPLIES 10
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: 23 days since cancellation..still waiting for £200+ refund

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Post released from Spam Filter.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Sorry to hear about the issues you've had.

I can assure you we're investigating this and we'll update you as soon as we know more.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
FA
Hooked

Thank you Matthew.

Is there an update on this, or even an update on when there will be an update?
RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi @FA

Thanks for coming back to us - I'm sorry that my colleague has not been in touch as discussed.

I have chased this up as a priority and asked my colleague to contact you ASAP with an update.

Thanks for your patience whilst we get this resolved.

Best wishes,

Dave

FA
Hooked

Hi. 28 days now, and no contact or update in the last 3 days, despite promises, and your chasing RandallFlag.

Broken billing systems can be fixed, but broken promises means Plusnet are losing potential customers even when they are fixed. People talk, and this is not the only forum where these issues are being discussed! Isn't it about time someone in Plusnet management took control of this before it snowballs further?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @FA

I’m really sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. I have looked into this and responded via ticket on your account. You can view the details by Clicking Here

Please let me know if there is anything further we can assist you with. 

FA
Hooked

Wow.

Here is an excerpt from my ticket:

"It does appear that your refund will need to be processed by a cheque, which can take 20 working days for it to arrive. I am sorry for any inconvenience this has caused."

So, I'm being told in a remarkably nonchalant manner, that I have been lied to several times, and I'm being fobbed off again.

* The first Plusnet representative I spoke to a month ago, told me I would receive my money by debit card refund, by the 21st September.

* Various other representatives extending the time just long enough to fob me off. Will not bore you with details again, but info in previous posts..

*Now telling me I need to wait till 31st October before I receive...a cheque!

How is that acceptable? I'm genuinely worried about Plusnet's solvency. Whenever I've seen this type of delaying behaviour before, it's preceded a lack of funds.

I'd like some explicit answers to some questions, and in this forum rather than on my ticket, so we can all get some answers:

*Why are we being promised dates of refunds by Plusnet, only to have the goalposts moved?

*Why are we being refunded by cheque when you say that we should be refunded by the same method we have paid?

*Why has the 5-10 days timeline changed to 40 days+

*Are you solvent?
AishaK
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 12

Hi @FA,

I am sincerely sorry to hear about the experience you've had so far.

From looking into your account, this has already been raised to the relevant department and I can see that a manager has taken ownership of this to keep you updated.

I understand your frustration and I apologise for the delay in you receiving your refund but I can assure you that we are trying to get this resolved as quickly as possible and we really do appreciate your patience with us during this matter.

I have also added a ticket to your account regarding your query. You can view this here

Should you have any further queries, please get in touch.

Thank you,

Aisha

FA
Hooked

34 days now.

"I can assure you that your refund has been raised with the relevant department who will issue this out by cheque. The reason we cannot process this refund back to you by Direct Debit is because there was an error with the billing system which won't allow us to process the refunds this way."

Because of an error at your side, I am having to wait for months for a cheque, instead of days for a refund to debit card.

Can you let me know an update on when I can expect the money and what progress there has been - preferably something more specific than the fact it is with the "billing team"? Has the chequebook been ordered? Has the Director of Billing's inkwell been refilled? Have the management team had a role-playing workshop, to bottom out the cheque writing strategy?

Is Plusnet intending on compensating me for this ongoing delay?
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @FA

I am really sorry to hear about the issues you have experienced. I have looked into this and responded via ticket on your account. You can view the details on by Clicking Here

If you need further assistance, feel free to ask.