cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 weeks without broadband and still being charged

Cursive

2 weeks without broadband and still being charged

Hi,

I moved to a new rented property at the start of April. I began the moving process on the 18th of March and had an installation date of 06/04/17.

On the day OpenReach said there were issues with the attached telephone pole being untested (since 2009) and delayed the test of the pole until the next day. On the 7th I heard no update and had to call in to check whether it had now been tested. I was told that PN would update me on the 10th after they had received an update from the supplier. I was told the execution of the testing was on the 7th.

I add a message to the support ticket I had open since the beginning of the move (18th March) on both the 10th and 11th with no responses. I call in again on the evening of the 11th. At this point I was informed that work was carried out on the 11th (what this was I wasn't told) and no report was sent back to the supplier. Which means, no update available from PN about the situation.

Now on the 13th I was told the work has been actioned and is due to be completely by the 22nd for which the next update will be the 24th of April. Now this morning my query has been put on hold until the 25th.

At this point with my possible date of completion almost 3 weeks after that which I was originally given it now occurs to me that I'll probably be charged for the broadband and line rental of the 3 weeks without getting even a hint of a connection. All down to something which is out of my control and is now 8 years out of date (which surprises me, how was something gone unchecked for 8 years? The pole has a large amount of connections in a busy residential area so why it hasn't been checked is worrying).

Is there anything I can do? It feels rather unfair that I'm getting billed for services I'm not receiving because of something that is out of control.

Any help would be appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: 2 weeks without broadband and still being charged

Sorry to hear about the delays with your order.

Unfortunately we can't stop your account from being billed but once your back online we will refund you for the downtime.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Cursive

Thanks, that's a weight off of my mind!

MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

No problem I hope we get it fixed for you soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thank you for your patience Daniel, I can see we are due an update on your broadband order on 03/05/2017. We appreciate your continual patience in this matter and we will do all we can to get this resolved for you as soon as we can. If you need any further help please do not hesitate to get back in touch

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team