Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 text messages from plusnet about a order I have not placed

Soulsville
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

2 text messages from plusnet about a order I have not placed

Hi
I have received 2 texts messages to my phone saying My broadband order was successfully completed. these texts
were 6 minutes between each other. I have not placed any orders so why have I received them?
12 REPLIES 12
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 480

Re: 2 text messages from plusnet about a order I have not placed

Your exchange has recently been upgraded to 21CN.
We've moved you over to that which may have caused this.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Anonymous
Not applicable

Quote from: Matthew
Your exchange has recently been upgraded to 21CN.

Lucky for some.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

@Soulsville
That sounds like good news - hopefully you may now be seeing better speeds.
One thing to check is your new upload speed - it may be capped at 448. If it is you can ask for it to be uncapped.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
Soulsville
Rising Star

Spoon Whittle I tested my upload speed it was 0.92 mbps is that capped or not?
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi Guys
Thanks for the replies. I am not sure if this has helped my speed as it seems slower. All the cabinets at my exchange are fibre optic enabled
except my cabinet a 2 year or more wait, thanks to useless BT
jelv
Seasoned Hero

Quote from: Soulsville
Spoon Whittle I tested my upload speed it was 0.92 mbps is that capped or not?

No, that's fine.
Your download speed might still be slow because Plusnet haven't yet updated your current line speed here: https://portal.plus.net/my.html?action=data_transfer_speed
It should match the IP Profile reported by a BT diagnostic speed test. It present it may still be set to your old 20CN speed.
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi Spoon Whittler, no Plusnet have not updated my line speed. Do they do it automatically?
jelv
Seasoned Hero

It should happen automatically, but it often fails. It may be that Plusnet haven't yet received the delta report from BT which tells them your IP Profile. If you disconnect, then reboot your router ONCE it may trigger some action (which may take time). If it hasn't updated by tomorrow morning try going on to chat and ask for your current line speed to be set.
Soulsville
Rising Star

Hi speed Whittler, thanks for the advice I will try the things you said, thank you
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

On the 27th of the 11th Soulsvillewrote - "I have received 2 texts messages to my phone saying My broadband order was successfully completed. these texts
were 6 minutes between each other. I have not placed any orders so why have I received them?  "
I got 2 text messages from Plusnet at 15:10 and 16:20 on the 26th. November, similar message, "Your broadband order has succesfully completed",
This order was placed ~mid June - so long back I can't remember....  Sad

MelRocks
Grafter

Hi there,
@Soulsville
How'd you get on with what we advised on your Fault ticket? Are things working a bit better now? Thanks.
@PNnewbie
The account you're community username is linked to does not show any recent orders or records of those texts. Do you have more than 1 account with us? Thanks.
PNnewbie
Rising Star
Fixes: 2

On the 10th of the 12th. Melrocks posted:-
@PNnewbie  -  The account you're community username is linked to does not show any recent orders or records of those texts. Do you have more than 1 account with us? Thanks.
I have 3 accounts - my own and I 'administer' - sounds good that - accounts for both my daughters...
Neither of their accounts have changed for years so no reason for Plusnet to text them.
I ordered an upgrade for my account from ADSL to fibre and bought my landline & calls over to Plusnet early July ago so I'm assuming both texts were for me - just that they appeared to have been sent months after the actual change - which itself was very problemmatical.
Shortly after ordering the upgrade I got a text from PN "Please be advised that our suppliers have unfortunately cancelled your Fibre upgrade.  This was because the transfer for your telephone was placed at the same time and only one order at a time can be placed on a telephone line".  The phone was cancelled and my fibre order was eventually dealt with.  PN then went ahead and re-ordered the transfer of my line.  Someone somewhere at PN cocked things up and I was allocated a NEW line instead of bringing the old one across.  Result was that no one could call me because I'd been allocated a new telephone number - and my fibre was gone.  I could go on but it's probably irrelevant to the original thread.  SO, I suppose in the general scheme of things a couple of irrelevant texts from PN are the least of my worries !!!
Thanks Melrocks...