cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

2 accounts and move + reassignment of land-line equals unhappy face.

darkgen
Grafter

2 accounts and move + reassignment of land-line equals unhappy face.

Hi plus.net bods,
Would appreciate a response, if appropriate on the following:
2 Accounts (primary and secondary) registered to 2 separate addresses. So plan of attack was as follows. Simply cancel primary account and secondary becomes primary. Now the hiccup, Advised BT that I require a new number assigned to the secondary address (new primary) and this has in turn kicked off a cease order of the BT line, which in turn has informed plus.net that the dsl service is also to cease. Ho-hum.
So as of today, my internet service is ceasing at both addresses! Major boohoo etc etc.
So here's my thinking today.
Allow the secondary account to cease and delete.
Register primary account to secondary address (BT has now informed me of the new land-line number) and request internet service to commence on day after (or as near as darn it) current cease date.
I have a question open but not much response on it as yet (#68982445).
Cheers, Paul.
3 REPLIES 3
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Re: 2 accounts and move + reassignment of land-line equals unhappy face.

I trust you have checked that this will not trigger a 'Cessation' (Cancellation) charge on the broadband (or an activation charge for reconnecting)?
http://portal.plus.net/support/customer_service/billing/cessation_charges.shtml
Silly question (maybe): since the secondary address presumably already had a telephone line, why was a new number required?
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
darkgen
Grafter

I did have a conversation with +net last week when I discovered the 'Cessation' to the line had been put in place by BT. My understanding is that this would be waived as long as I subscribed to a contracted service (18 months on fibre for example). The secondary address was used as an office on occasion by me; however the amount of nuisance/unsolicited calls which this number received was ridiculous. Since this was becoming my primary I logically thought number reassignment would be the most sensible thing to do, retaining my secondary +net account. Alas my thinking has introduced the proverbial spanner!
Cheers, Paul.
jim:quote
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Hi there,
I've just checked the ticket and I'm certain we can do what you're asking for.
Someone should reply ASAP but let us know via here if you need any further help beyond that.
Adam
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team