Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 month contract showing as 12 months in revamped Plusnet Member Centre

FIXED
SteveR
Dabbler
Fixes: 2

18 month contract showing as 12 months in revamped Plusnet Member Centre

On 15 November 2021 I signed up to a new 18 month contract but in the new redesigned Member Centre it is showing up as 12 months.  

I just noticed the dates are Nov 2018 to Nov 2019.

StephenR

12 REPLIES 12
jgb
Champion
Fixes: 22

Re: 18 month contract showing as 12 months in revamped Plusnet Member Centre

@SteveR 

I have similar errors in the revamped Member Centre homepage. Mine is also displaying old contract dates  (June 2018 to September 2019) which is a few recontracts ago.. As there is a change in progress as a result of the Complaints Team sorting out my discounts for the correct duration of my current contract, I cannot tell if the duration is correct  I shall see if it sorts itself out after my next billing date.

I have also lost the blue banner linking to open tickets.

It seems that every time Plusnet update the Member Centre something goes wrong. 

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@jgb The PN way - make it harder for the customer to see what a foul-up we are making of a once stellar organisation.

John
jgb
Champion

@jab1 

Not sure it is making it harder as there are more and more things going wrong on the Member Centre, on recontracts, on billing etc., etc.

It seems to me that it is increasingly obvious that the investment needed to ensure that the company keeps its performance up to something approaching reasonable is just not there despite the best efforts of the front line customer facing staff.

jab1
Legend
Fixes: 254

@jgb I agree totally, and to be honest, the fact that I saw this degradation of service coming was really the deciding factor in my decision to move ISPs, although there were others.

John
Jorvik
Grafter

For an account I look after, the revamped Member Centre portal was also showing me the wrong dates yesterday (it was the dates of the first contract for that account, rather than the recontracted dates).

I've just logged in again today and it looks like I am seeing the old Member Centre portal again, with the correct dates shown.

jgb
Champion

@Jorvik 

Just checked and I still get the revamped portal with the wrong contract / dates. 

SteveR
Dabbler

Mine is still the same also.  I think they released the Member Centre update before it was ready.  As other people are experiencing the same errors I am not too bothered for now.

robski1
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 7

Same here. Spoke to customer services this morning and the confirmed my contract in the system is correct and the data shown is wrong. They raised a ticket for it to be corrected and suggested that I give it 24 hours to be implemented.

teddysmum
Rising Star

Same here (though my emailed contract states in its body, that my agreed term is 18 months, but the tail piece mentions the prices for my 12 month contact, though it does give the correct start date which disagrees with the current end date of 31st March , but I had a good response from a nice lady on Monday. She sorted out the fact that my prices were increased in June, despite it being a fixed price deal. ( All fixed price deals have gone, just like with fuel ?). I only just noticed the problem as I have had health issues which came first.

However, the reason for my  call was the very obvious overcharge on my February bill. Just when I thought there would be no mess up after last time's recontract when someone managed to charge more for the cost of contract to end date plus recontract at the same price, than paying the full price.

This time there is the usual 'brought forward ' of £X and the usual deduction for £X paid, but in between were some correct calculations, done on weird figures, whose result was added to £X. Why ? Neither the lady or I understand.

jgb
Champion

Plusnet appear to have issues with recontracts and subsequent billing. In my case there have been issues for the last two (three?) recontracts, the latest still on-going but, hopefully, reaching a correct conclusion.

The issues seem to relate to incorrect discounts being applied with either the amount or the duration (or both) being at variance with the agreed discount and duration of contract. I have noted inconsistencies on my account between the emailed details and other Service Notices appearing on my account with one or the other not being as agreed..

There also appear to be inconsistencies in when Plusnet start recontracts when the current contract is still in force. Sometimes the recontract starts on the next billing date which avoids the issue of complicated bills with part of the month on one deal and the rest on another with attendant adjustments. At other times the recontracts start the day after agreement which then does involve complex billing unless that happens to be the billing date. In my case I have seen conflicting statements on recontract emails and SNs and have had to wait to see what actually happens. 

Plusnet need to address these problems which are raised only too frequently on these forums. Getting the agreed discount and duration should only be a matter of greater care by COT staff (unless the systems really do have a mind of their own?!). As for the start dates, why not standardise these as being on the next billing date to avoid overcomplicating billing. After all this is how they apply changes to call plans.

teddysmum
Rising Star

I have sorted this 'term's ' problems, thanks to the helpful lady at the call centre, but my next contract is due mid April (1st according to their some of their records) and I'm dreading this year's problem (4th). There is bound to be a problem, if I stay, as no deal means I move, as lots of others are competing.

SteveR
Dabbler

Fix

This has finally been resolved for me and it now shows the correct contract details.