cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

18 Month early cancellation, What options do i have ?.

dave1240
Grafter

18 Month early cancellation, What options do i have ?.

I am moving house to a rented property which has an active land line from the previous unknown tenants.
I have currently  on the 27/06/2014 had Fibre broadband 42mb.
My new postal code is DN159LR and the speeds are 1mb  but some sites are saying 72mb.
What are the options I have ?.
Outright cancellation.
Possible to have 3 landlines on one property .(3rd is also moving a broadband connection).
What are the correct speed for that postcode.
Also is they a cancellation fee guide ?.
Thank you! :).
3 REPLIES 3
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Re: 18 Month early cancellation, What options do i have ?.

I think your best bet would be to ring the house move team to discuss this.
You could cancel, but costs will depend on your remaining contract.
You can have a new line installed, and the house move team will advise further on that.
Post codes give very rough indications in terms of speeds, it's better if you get a phone number of one of the existing lines and put this in to the availability checker to double check.
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
dave1240
Grafter

Thank you plusnettony!.
Would you be able to provide a guess on how much I would be charged, I started my contract on 27/06/2014.
How much would a 3rd line cost to be installed ?. Would they be a speed drop or would the 2 active Internet connections be similar speeds as if they was a seperate home. Huh
I have no way of getting a landline number but they will be one active tomorrow, Would I be able to use that when its installed tomorrow ?.
Thank you!
Edit: I don't own a house phone Tongue
joclark
Grafter

Hi, if you were to cancel your current contact you would like look at about £130. The house move team can arrange a free housemove, subject to a new contract which would supersede your current one.
Two internet connections would be the same as they are two separate connections.
When the phone is installed you can use the service straight away.