cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£15 for 2gb / 4mb value for money?

Grafter

£15 for 2gb / 4mb value for money?

I'm trying to figure out what notice I may have to give and what costs are likely to  be involved in changing providers. I've been with PN for 5 years, and am currently paying £15 for a 2GB per month 4MB connection, which does seem to be appalling value. Anyway, I raised a ticket, because the help assistant guided me to that. The response to the ticket was that they are a technical support service only (despite what he help assistant says) and  should phone or write. Unusual for an ISP that there is no email ommunication system. So I called the number given, only to be told that they are experiencing"extremely high" levels of calls, and the the waiting time was "extremely high".  I take this to mean waiting time of several hours if I had the patience. Have I been told correctly, that the ticket process is strictly for technical stuff only? If so, I guess I need to reert to snail-mail.
[Moderator's note by Thomas (Be3G): I've removed your post that you had voided.]
4 REPLIES 4
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Re: £15 for 2gb / 4mb value for money?

Switch to Plusnet Value immediately!
It will not extend your contract (if you don't take the free router).
It will give you a 10GB allowance.
It will cost you £6.49 per month if you are on a Market 3 exchange, £12.99 a month if not.
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Odd!, the CSC call handling statistics seem to indicate the waiting time is quite low at the moment. http://www.plus.net/supportpages.html?a=212

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

jojopillo
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi 430,
I have just sent you a ticket with a bit more information. As you can appreciate I would not post any account sensitive information via this post.
Hope the ticket is of use to you 
Jojo Smiley
matt_2k34
Grafter

Odd!, the CSC call handling statistics seem to indicate the waiting time is quite low at the moment

IIRC, that is a manual change on the PN systems...
So its possible that all of a sudden a few calls came in and made a large queue - message was turned on and not disabled again.
Always check the CSC stats before calling, can save you a good 5/10 mins wait if you bide your time... but then im a little obsessive over that  Cheesy  Grin