Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

14 day cooling off period then taking 3 months services from my bank account

mickeyetc
Grafter

14 day cooling off period then taking 3 months services from my bank account

Hi

just a heads up to all the customers that read this

I was mis-sold a product from plusnet and when I spoke to the tech team to clarify that plusnets broadband would do what I required the tech lady seemed uneducated and asked me "what is a VPN". so I cancelled my broadband/telephone as it was unfit for my working from home and I wasn't prepared to gamble that it would work.

All seemed fine, I got an email to say that there was no charge as I was in the 14 day cooling off period. (10 days)

To my horror these last few weeks as I noticed that the direct debits that was supposed to have been cancelled were being taken out. 3 months in total. I quickly got online and cancelled my direct debit on my banking app then contacted PlusNet.

The call took nearly 2 hours to get through and I was told that their updated system had issues and they would send out to my address a Cheque for the services I did not receive. This deadline for the cheque was today and it never arrived.

To make things worse when I cancelled the Direct debit I got numerous TxTs and emails threatening me to restrict my services and have additional costs put onto my account as the direct debits had been cancelled.

So this was the last straw.

I have passed all the correspondences to the Ombudsman and also the research team at the BBC watchdog programme.

I have spent about 12 hours in phone calls over the last 3 months and they have gotten me no where Once the Ombudsman has dealt with this Company I will be seeking litigation

10 REPLIES 10
SammyM
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 96

Re: 14 day cooling off period then taking 3 months services from my bank account

Hello @mickeyetc,

We are really sorry for the experience you have had and saddened to hear you feel this way. We are aware that you have been affected by an issue we are currently working to resolve.

I can see that you have spoken to a colleague who has already taken the steps to resolve your complaint here.

I am sorry for any inconvenience that has been caused.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Sammy M - Sheffield Team
 Plusnet Help Team
mickeyetc
Grafter

Re: 14 day cooling off period then taking 3 months services from my bank account

From the information I have harvested here regarding lost payments I was told that a cheque was sent to me on 9/11/2018

I will need proof of this so that I can collate all the evidence when I take litigation. I suspect like me all the other customers have been allegedly lied to regarding payments  via cheque have been sent out to the customers properties.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note

This topic has been moved from Broadband to Account / Billing and removed inappropriate post

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
mickeyetc
Grafter

Censoring my posts now, glad I screenshot it first

mickeyetc
Grafter

PlusNet are still sending out TxTs/emails now this one says

Thanks for clearing the outstanding balance on your account

Dear Mr Br@dsh@w, Account Username: mickeyetc We've successfully taken an outstanding payment of £26.49 for your service. You can see the invoice for this and other payments at https://www.plus.net/mybill

You should be able to start making phone calls within the hour

Need help?

For more information about payments, check our Billing Guide. If you've got any questions about your service, please use the Help Assistant.

Kind regards, Plusnet Customer Support www.plus.net

Plusnet plc Registered Office: The Balance, 2 Pinfold Street, Sheffield, S1 2GU Registered in England no: 3279013 VAT No: 245 7193 48 Email reference: EPN0160

Find Plusnet on

mickeyetc
Grafter

I DO NOT HAVE AN ACCOUNT WITH YOU. I NEVER DID

10 days into the contract it was cancelled

This was over 4 months ago and still you have been trying to steal money from me

and send me lies in TxTs and emails and even worse promised me everything would get sorted from all the phone calls I have made in the last 4 weeks to no avail

mickeyetc
Grafter

I have further sent the emails to the Ombudsman to further show that this company is fundamentally flawed and does not treat its customers at all

The cheque has still not arrived I have had no communication with Robert *****

Now on the phone in a queue  to speak to yet another Customer service agent who will say the same old lies that the countless other have said/promised.

I cant wait to see this on the TV Watchdog

Moderator's note by Dick (Strat): Insult(s) removed as per Forum rules.

MasterOfReality
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 57

Hi @mickeyetc 

This relates to the reply I provided in your other post - here is a link to it.

I would strongly advise either removing or editing you above post to remove your username for your account security.

Thanks, 

MoR

mickeyetc
Grafter

I don't give 2 flying pickles what you are saying

I do not have an account with you

if someone wants to steal my identity then fine

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Moderator's note:

Thread locked in favour of this one.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine