cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

12 month contract ?

ramissin
Grafter

12 month contract ?

What's the current stand on a 12 month contract from PN ?

I have a few months to go on an 18 month and don't want to be tied to another one.

13 REPLIES 13
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

Re: 12 month contract ?

Hello there. If you're in the final 3 months of your contract, it's probably best giving our Customer Options Team a call on 0800 013 2632 to discuss contracts and offers. They are open today, until 5pm I believe.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ramissin
Grafter

That doesn't really answer my question, do PN offer 12 month contracts, yes or no?
Anoush
Aspiring Hero
Fixes: 139

On ADSL, yep. On Fibre, I believe only 18 or 24 month contracts.
This is my personal Community Forum account to help out around these parts while I'm at home. If I'm posting from the 1st March 2020, this means I'm off-duty with no access to internal systems.
If this post resolved your issue, please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
ramissin
Grafter

Ok, thanks, in that case I'll be leaving when this contract is done.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

You do not need to recontract.  You can stay on a rolling 1 month plan as per the details in your contract.  The contact durations are a just minimum period agreement.

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ramissin
Grafter

I should have mentioned, I wanted to upgrade this line to fibre and as far as I know it starts as a new 18 - 24 year contract.

The situation is a little awkward, where I live I don't own the phone line, so when I move in maybe 6 - 8 months I can't take the line with me.

I don't mind paying a few months for the remainder of the contract for leaving early, but not for 18 - 24 months.

I didn't realise it stayed on a rolling plan, maybe best to just leave as is.

thx

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

Whilst you cannot take the phone line with you, I would expect a that you can take the broadband to your new domicile.  I suspect stat since you do not 'own' (pay for the line) you'd have more issues than just the contract length - you'd certainly be paying more for the service, if you could get a bb package without phone line rental.

Your question has rather got me thinking - I thought the minimum term on fibre was (in some way) to cover the cost of new provision - PlusNet if that's correct how does that work with a house move?  Surely the costs are duplicated, but there's just the one minimum term contact?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

ramissin
Grafter

12 month contracts are readily available from most other suppliers ... just not PN.

Current contracts are as flexible as a house brick.

Townman
Superuser
Superuser

The flexibility of a house brick is to be found in the eye of the architect ... just look at all the varying amazing buildings made with house bricks. Grin

...though if you want just one brick, depending on what you're going to do with it, one is much like another.

ramissin
Grafter

In this case the architect is focused on financial gain...not aesthetics or accessibility. Crazy2

demonica46

Wish i was on the last part of my contract, im starting to hate plus net now
billnotben
Community Veteran
Fixes: 2

ramissin wrote:Current contracts are as flexible as a house brick.

Yes very limited. So why aren't the details of contract offers on a web page that can be viewed? Why make customers phone up and wait listening to inane music?

How difficult can it be to put up "Buy both broadband and line rental from us on a two year contract and get to pay only twice as much as a new customer, if you're lucky".

demonica46

Billnotben, its all a con, companys like to charge you more, why to pay there staff and comfy offices. Once this contract and my phone contract with voda is over, getting rid of them all. All Internet and phone services are the same. Its a big con, even the tv is. Just to keep people of the dole, money for the fat cats, and fancy bloody offices. They take of the poor. No one cares. Dog eat dog world.