Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£11 Call Charge

FIXED
Conrod
Hooked
Fixes: 1

£11 Call Charge

Hi - I had to call my bank 2 days ago on an 0345 number but because of the current situation regarding Covid 19 I was kept on hold for over 2 hours.

I believe that you will charge for calls over 60 minutes even though I have the £9 talk anytime call package, I could not disconnect the call as my call was urgent regarding my finances because of Covid 19 - I have not been able to work since the lockdown started.

I was charged £10.95 for the call!!!!!

I think this is most unfair given the current situation and do not believe I should be charged for the call and if you do have to charge me it should not be £11 (that may not even include vat!)

Thank You

8 REPLIES 8
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: £11 Call Charge

Hi Conrod 

This may help for future calls to your Bank

If you look on saynoto0870.com do a search for the 0345 number and it my give you a freephone 0800 number

Or search under the Banks name and look for a 0800 number

I find the sayno site very helpful

What Bank is it ?

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @Conrod,

Thanks for reaching out to us here. 

I'm sorry to read you've had some trouble with your latest call charges and the circumstances surrounding them. Please accept my sincerest apologies for the frustration caused. 

I can see you got in touch with us over the phone and the issue is starting to be resolved. 

Thanks. 

Conrod
Hooked

The person I spoke to was unbelieveably rude to me, he said "i could not be bothered" (his words) to sort out an issue with my account that I knew nothing about because the error was not mine it was yours, he then put the phone down on me.

Disgraceful behaviour.

Conrod
Hooked

Hi - Thanks for that I know where to look next time, I still don't think I should have to pay £11 though!

Thanks again

Anonymous
Not applicable

It's very good

What Bank was it

HD

Conrod
Hooked

Halifax - I have found a freephone number on sayno0870

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Fix

Hi @Conrod,

I'm very sorry to hear that you had a poor experience with the advisor that you spoke to over the phone and I have passed feedback on about this.

I've had a look into the call charge and have added a ticket update to your account. You can view this here

Regards,

Emily

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Conrod
Hooked

Many Thanks Emily and thanks for the apology for my poor (although I would say VERY poor!) experience with an advisor on the phone and sorting out my £11 call!

MANY THANKS Emily Draper, great stuff!