cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

100 Mobile Minutes confusion

Mav
Fixes: 514

100 Mobile Minutes confusion

I will be away for the best part of 3 months soon and was thinking of having calls diverted to my mobile for the duration and adding the 100 Mobile Minutes option but my research into this just throws up further confusion e.g.
In this thread it is mentioned that you can't have the mobile minutes added if you have LRS which I don't. I do have the Anytime call package, though. This seems to indicate that I can have them.
It states here that 100 inclusive minutes available for £3 per month (for packages taken on or after 8th May 2013). Does that mean packages taken for the first time or re-contracted after that date? I re-contracted in December 2013.
It's mentioned here that the Mobile minutes can be added by going to the Product change page once logged in to the portal but that is not available to me.
Some clarification of if and how this can be done would be appreciated, please.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

17 REPLIES 17
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Re: 100 Mobile Minutes confusion

might be worth clarifying that if you had the 100 minutes would they be eligable for call forward as well
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

You could possibly do this using other services eg
Tamar Telecom offer UK geographic numbers with 1000 mobile minutes (for diversion) for £4.99/month - You could divert your PN number to the Tamar number (using your anytime minutes) and then divert the Tamar number to your mobile.
Localphone offer UK geographic numbers for £0.90/month with calls to mobiles at 1.8p/min
Other providers are available etc etc
w23
Pro
Fixes: 4

Quote from: Mav
It states here that 100 inclusive minutes available for £3 per month (for packages taken on or after 8th May 2013). Does that mean packages taken for the first time or re-contracted after that date? I re-contracted in December 2013.

Pretty sure this is for packages first taken on or after 8th May 2013, your package renewal would be on the same terms as it was before renewal.
I assume it must be possible to change to the newer phone package but there are different terms and conditions from the older packages.
I've no idea about the forwarding part though.
Call me 'w23'
At any given moment in the universe many things happen. Coincidence is a matter of how close these events are in space, time and relationship.
Opinions expressed in forum posts are those of the poster, others may have different views.
Mav

Quote from: dvorak
might be worth clarifying that if you had the 100 minutes would they be eligable for call forward as well

It would be a poor show if they didn't especially as inclusive landline calls are.
Quote from: pwatson
Tamar Telecom offer UK geographic numbers with 1000 mobile minutes (for diversion) for £4.99/month - You could divert your PN number to the Tamar number (using your anytime minutes) and then divert the Tamar number to your mobile.
Tamar Telecom seem to be aimed at the business user unless I misunderstood their website. I will investigate others further while waiting for a definitive answer from PN.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain

Mav

Investigating pwatson's advice further it seems Tamar Telecom may be suitable especially as you only need to give one montth's notice to cancel.
The only downside is that the cost of the virtual number (even though it includes 1000 mobile minutes) + PN's Call Divert means I'd be paying almost £7.49 a month. If I could keep it all in-house with PN using the 100 Mobile minutes it will save me £14.97 over the three month period. Not a lot but, as they say, every little helps Wink
Basically any call diverted to my mobile I could ring them back using the unlimited calls with my EE contract or get them to call my mobile direct that way I'd only need a couple of minutes to take their details then get back to them.
I await a reply from PN.

pwatson
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

If you're going to call people  back, Localphone is cheaper than Tamar,  but still a pound more than PN if the mobile minutes can be used for what you want.
plusnettony
Plusnet Staff
Plusnet Staff
Fixes: 18

Currently, it seems you are on an older package so it isn't possible to do this. I'd recommend you call our Customer Service / COT team (0800 432 0200) who could potentially move you to a newer product.
Interesting fact (well I thought so)
@pwatson The Localphones founder, Paul Cusack is one of the people behind the creation of PlusNet! (Well, I thought it was interesting)
If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Tony T
 Plusnet Help Team
Mav

Just had a chat with a COT agent (got through almost straigt away).
I have changed to the latest package (re-contract for 2 years - no issue with that) so can now add Call diversion and 100 Mobile minutes as and when required.
Oh, yes, my exchange is now classed as Market 3 so will be saving 53p a month (I previously had a very good discount for a Market 1 exchange).
Even discussed implications of taking FTTC and a house move within the next year.
Quite happy with the outcome.

joclark
Grafter

Good morning.
I am glad that you are happy with your new deal. To answer your question, yes you can add on the account caller divert when you like. All you need to do is follow the link  http://www.plus.net/support/phone/call_features.shtml

Have a nice day
Mav

Thank you joclark.
There is a problem today (billing date), though.
The £4.49 broadband discount has not been applied which means my total bill is £31.93 and not £27.44 as agreed (there are no telephone call charges to be added).
What makes this more interesting is that ticket #100472249 states:
COULD NOT REMOVE EXISTING DISCOUNTS. Added problem to LCST task vis Billing agent <Name removed> who will be updating the account. Customer may receive double discounts on 09/03/2015

I'd appreciate someone sorting this out as soon as possible.
Thanks.

joclark
Grafter

Good afternoon, just having a quick look at your account and the discount as you know has not been added. In short, my colleague has raised a task to ensure that in future you will receive the discounts which was agreed and discussed. I am sure that the agent which you have discussed this with will refund the over payment. I will also give him a nudge to let him know that the discount was not applied.
Thanks
Jo
Mav

The agent just rang (he had promised to ring me today on another issue anyway). I can see a refund against my last bill has been made and have been assured the discount will be applied to future bills for the next 23 months so all seems fine.
Although I don't need to add the 100 Mobile Minutes till I know when I'll be away (probably need to add them in time for my next billing date) I had a quick check on the Product Update page but couldn't see any reference to them.
One further question, which I can not now remember if I asked the agent as we discussed quite a fair bit, was confirmation that the Mobile Minutes can be used as part of the Call Diversion.
Please thank the agent for his help, promised call back and sorting of problems in a timely manner - much appreciated,

joclark
Grafter

Hi Mav, I will pass this positive feedback to his manager.
Yes the mobile minuets will apply with the caller divert up to the 100 minuets, after the 100 minuets you will be charged for these calls.
Thank you again for the positive feedback, it is always a welcome to hear Smiley
Mav

Quote from: joclark
after the 100 minuets you will be charged for these calls.

Sounds interesting Wink Cool
One question still not answered is how can I add the 100 minutes. A search brings the following 100 minutes. The first link takes me to the Product change page where there is no reference the 100 Mobile Minutes.
Any advice would be great, thanks.