Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£100 Cashback Payment Delay

Gussie
Grafter

£100 Cashback Payment Delay

Hi,
Joined Plusnet via Quidco on 28/5/14 - purchase tracked OK no issues BUT there have been repeated "Payment Delay" statuses posted in my Quidco account. WHY?Huh
I raised Question #89253742. and your support team is asking me to go back to Quidco and raise a  'My cashback has not tracked'  query. BUT my purchase HAS tracked - It is Plusnet that are delaying payment !
What's going on here?

8 REPLIES 8
Mav
Fixes: 514

Re: £100 Cashback Payment Delay

I had a similar issue after purchasing AA insurance through QuidCo in March which had been tracked with the expected payment date in June. Around that date the status changed to Payment delay! QuidCo said everything was on track. A couple of weeks later and no change so complained to QuidCo who then replied saying they will pay me and pursue the money from the AA.
It might be an idea to persist with QuidCo.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gussie
Grafter

Quote from: Mav
... It might be an idea to persist with QuidCo ...

I am dealing with Quidco and they blame Plusnet.
I feel piggy in the middle here with Plusnet trying to wriggle out of paying the cashback.
Mav
Fixes: 514

The way I see it is that as your cashback 'contract' is with QuidCo they are the ones who should be pursuing this and not you.
My experience with Quidco seems very different from yours (maybe because the amount in my case was a lot less - £26) but I do think you should insist that QuidCo sort this out. Looking back at my communication from them they stated:
Do be assured that we're always on the case for you when your cashback is delayed, but regrettably it can sometimes take longer than we'd like to obtain your cashback for you.
However, we wouldn't like to see you wait any longer than you already have for this payment, so on this occasion I'm more than happy to arrange for the payment to be made to you from Quidco. We'll then continue to chase the retailer up on your behalf, and recoup the funds at a later date.

Good luck and I hope you get paid soon Smiley

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Gussie
Grafter

Got this from Quidco the other day ...
I'm very sorry to hear that you have experienced a delay in receiving your cashback.
Do be assured that we're always on the case for you when your cashback is delayed, but regrettably it can sometimes take longer than we'd like to obtain your cashback for you.
However, we wouldn't like to see you wait any longer than you already have for this payment, so on this occasion I'm more than happy to arrange for the payment to be made to you from Quidco. We'll then continue to chase the retailer up on your behalf, and recoup the funds at a later date.
I'm therefore pleased to tell you that your transaction will update to 'confirmed' status within the next hour or so.
I do hope this is a satisfactory resolution for you, and I do hope this gesture demonstrates our commitment to our members. We're always here to help.

And have just been paid!
Plusnet were no help at all - kept insisting I should query my tracking with Quidco which was of course in order.
Folks  - be very wary of the generous cashbacks offered by Pkusnet - you may have to rely on the goodwill of the cashback website !
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Gussie,
I'm glad to hear that's been resolved via Quidco. I've passed your information on to our Marketing team to look into why you had the receive payment from Quidco. Once I have any further information I'll be back in touch.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I've just heard back from our Marketing team and they've stated that they can't find any cases from your Quidco account so they're unable to look into if there was a delay with processing your payment.
I'm very sorry for any inconvenience caused by this.
be very wary of the generous cashbacks offered by Pkusnet

Please note that the cashback offers are not offered by Plusnet. The cashback offer in this instance was offered by Quidco.
jelv
Seasoned Hero
Fixes: 10

Linn, Have Plusnet EVER had a cashback offer? I can't recall one.
I can remember there were vouchers at one time (but that is going back many, many months).
jelv (a.k.a Spoon Whittler)
   Why I have left Plusnet (warning: long post!)   
Broadband: Andrews & Arnold Home::1 (FTTC 80/20)
Line rental: Pulse 8 Home Line Rental (£14.40/month)
Mobile: iD mobile (£4/month)
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

I, personally, can't recall Plusnet offering cashback in the 2 years that I've worked here, jelv, but I have gotten 2 years older as well so that may just be my memory failing me!  Undecided
I believe that Plusnet did offer cashback waaaaay back in the day, however, nothing of recent. It's all handled by third parties and affiliates these days.