Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1 month left on contract. Match EE?

mattprince
Grafter

1 month left on contract. Match EE?

Hi,
My contract is up next month and I'm currently on fibre. The speeds fluctuate so much still that I've seen an offer with EE that is £2.50 per month normal ADSL for a 12 month contract and if i pay the whole 12 months line rental upfront then i can only pay £132 which is £11per month equivalent. Do plus net match prices? Would they match this price? If not then i will be moving.
Matt
7 REPLIES 7
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

Re: 1 month left on contract. Match EE?

Plusnet a line rental saver for not much difference
However to get the EE headline offer you need to be in their area but I don't know who they use as an LLU provider
mattprince
Grafter

Hi,
Thanks for the reply.
So if i changed over to that and paid the line rental in one go as long as my phone wasn't used i would only get a bill of £3.49 per month. I have 1 month left , can i arrange this now so when the contract is out , they take the line rental in advance and then swap over to ADSL from the current FTTC I'm on?
Also would i need an engineer to swap it back over here from FTTC to ADSL?
Matt
Oldjim
Resting Legend

I didn't say that
The line rental saver is independent of the broadband
To get the best broadband deal you need to phone customer options on
    0800 013 2632
    0330 123 9197
    Monday to Friday: 9.00am - 8.00pm (Except Bank Holidays)
    Saturday: 9.00am - 5.30pm
mattprince
Grafter

Thats exactly what you said?? You said they do a line rental saver?? If i paid the line rental saver then i would just pay the £3.49pm which is what i said above?
Oldjim
Resting Legend

Where do you get the £3.49 per month from
If it is from https://portal.plus.net/home-broadband/ then that is for new customers and not necessarily for existing customers
Existing customers it is £9.99 per month unless you phone the numbers I gave earlier and see what they will offer
Actually I had forgotten that they recently changed the LRS saver cost - It is now £155.88
mattprince
Grafter

It is for new customers yes but if they can offer new customers that then they surely can offer customers who have put up with crap speeds for 80% of their contract and never missed a bill.  Wink
I'll call the number and see what they will offer. If not that deal ill move.
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 158

If youve got poor synch speed thats nothing to do with PlusNet and everything to do with your phone line (provided, managed and maintained by BTOR) or your internal wiring all of which stays with you itrespective of which ISP you use.
Have you followed the guidance in the broadband forum for slow speed issues??  Have you raised a fault report and what happened?

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.