Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

£1.50 fee to pay whilst changing direct debit

MauriceC
Resting Legend
Fixes: 17

Re: £1.50 fee to pay whilst changing direct debit

Am I being a bit naive in believing that one can now reasonably expect change Bank accounts - including Direct Debits - within a couple of days.  And make and receive money transfer using the Faster Payments service within hours.
Perhaps the £1.50 charge is to securely fix the change request detail to the cleft stick so that the runner can deliver it Grin

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Richchad,
I've asked a member of our Billing team to give you a call shortly to take payment from your card. They'll give your mobile a call.
Richchad
Rising Star

Thanks, Linn..
Sort of off subject, has anyone noticed when you refresh the Help Assistant, Your Questions page to see if any responses or answers to your question, it sends your message again...  which is rather annoying...
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi Richchad,
I've just tried to replicate what you just described and yes, I can confirm that this is what happens. The reason for this is because you're refreshing the page where you're submitting the response on the ticket rather than in the "Your questions" overview page. When you've added a response to our support team press the "<Back" bit at the top right of the screen which will take you back to the overview of your open questions and it will tell you there if there's been an update from us in the "Status" bit. This page can then be refreshed as many times as you'd like Smiley
WeeHaggis

I too have fallen foul of the direct debit system, despite trying to arrange it in plenty of time.  I changed banks via the ‘Switch’ system, so the details were not changed by me, but by the bank.  My billing date is 26th and the new bank details have been on the Plus Net account since the 13th – but ‘awaiting confirmation’.  The bank however says it’s all set up and there’s nothing to confirm.
It’s no big deal to pay by card this time, but unlike other customers I’ve been advised not to put card details on my account, which might confuse the system (and make it think I’m changing to card payments permanently) but just to ring up on the billing date and pay.  I’ve also been assured that I’ll get my £1.50 back and the DD will be active for July.  Hurray !
As ever, PN staff have been helpful and a pleasure to deal with, and I didn’t wait very long for either of my two calls to be answered.  However the transfer of bank details was not ‘seamless’ as the bank said it would be, and dare I say it (I see others already have), the Plus Net system appears somewhat antiquated !
Richchad
Rising Star

I too thought it might show I have change to card payments permanently, but as you can see from this screenshot it does state "This isn't your primary payment method"
WeeHaggis

Thanks for that Richchad – it’s reassuring (sort of).  My dilemma is I’ve been asked twice in 'writing' to update/enter card details so that payment can be made, and advised twice on the phone to ignore that advice and just ring up on the day.

As I understand it, the Bank Switch system which has only been in existence since September, makes changing banks a simple process and direct debits should also be transferred without any significant interruption to payments.  This appears to have happened with my other 3 direct debits, but Plus Net in their wisdom are doing it the hard way and have decided to set up a new one.  I now have TWO direct debits for PN on my new account, both active with the bank, but neither with Plus Net (yet).  Please correct me if I’m wrong, but it does look to me like PN have turned what should have been a simple transfer of information procedure, into a convoluted exercise. 
Oh well, I expect we’ll get there in the end, but I think I’ll play it safe and ring up to pay  Just please don’t cut me off !!
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi WeeHaggis,
I'm having one of my colleagues in the Billing department look into this for you.
I can assure you that as long as you make payment within 14 days of your billing date there will be no restrictions to your services. If you find that you have to pay £1.50 for paying by card then we will refund this.
Sorry for any inconvenience caused.
LinnPlusnet
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi WeeHaggis,
Your new Direct Debit has gone live today so there should be no problems requesting payment via Direct Debit on your billing date. If you do encounter any issues please let us know so we can look into this.
WeeHaggis

Many thanks Linn – that’s good news, and your help is much appreciated. Smiley