cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what is wrong with my voicemail alerts and voicemail?

thepurseys
Grafter

what is wrong with my voicemail alerts and voicemail?

whats happening with my voicmail?

everything was working fine as far as i can remember with plusnet mobile and my sony xz then a few days ago my dad rang me and I couldn't get to the phone in time so he left a message on my answerphone.

after this point I'm contently getting answerphone alerts on my handset  that is really annoying

so far i have tried

clearing all my answerphone messages including saved ones

phone reboot

dialling **004*+447870020555*11*30# OR **004*07870020555*11*30#

factory restore

contacting plusnet (always a mistake!) who stated its a issue with my handset go away and bother sony

contacting sony went through a whole load of stuff including rebuilding my phones software.

back to plusnet again who advised i disable any alerts but i noticed that then i would never know if i had a message so the adviser said she would reset my voicemail but low and behold she just turned it off but i still get the alerts!

as soon as my phone reconnects to the plusnet phone network i get an alert and i now don't have a working voicemail service! what is going on?

1 REPLY 1
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: what is wrong with my voicemail alerts and voicemail?

Hi thepurseys!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I'm sorry to hear about this and I'll do my best to help. 

Whilst your Voicemail Service is currently disabled our end, can you please try calling your Voicemail by using the long Voicemail number instead of the usual 555 - 07870020555.

Once you've done this, you may need to re-boot your handset. You can do this by the following:

• Turn the handset off
  • Take the SIM card out
  • Leave it for a couple of minutes
  • Replace the SIM card
  • Turn the handset back on again

Feel free to send me a PM once this has been done and we'll get that Voicemail Service turned back on for you.

- Rebeka