cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

voicemail not working

FIXED
skiandu

voicemail not working

I joined plusnet mobile in dec to find my voicemail not working. the answerrphone message to say to ring my answerphone was not constructive nor did it give a number to ring.

Customer services gave me a number but not all the details I needed, A the number to ring, then a phone call later  B my number in the acceptable format and C a passcode which I did not have.

another call later I was told they would post me a passcode  which would take 5 days to receive.

2 weeks later I phoned again to be given a passcode over the phone (something they said they could not do the first time)

2 HOURS later and speaking to online chat and on teh phone, the same message is still being repeated over and over on my ansaphone which is to dial using a trusted phone or my home phone.

I was told that this was a technical fault and I would hear back within 24 hours and this would be resolved  but it was an issue they were aware of (they could have told me this  WEEKS AGO!)

so..

2 more weeks its now 1st feb.

I STILL have no voicemail. I still cannot get my mediaction due to unable to access my voicemail and I cannot talk to anyone accept via chat online or phone, both of which have been over 2 months unable to resolve my issue!

If this is not resolved int he next 24 hours, I will be leaving plusnet and requesting a full refund!

12 REPLIES 12
MatthewWheeler
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 479

Re: voicemail not working

Sorry to hear this @skiandu.

Can you ensure you aren't withholding your number when trying to call voicemail as this can cause issues?

If you're still having issues drop me a PM with the following:

- Your mobile number or account number
- Your full address and postcode
- Your full name and if you're the account holder?
- Your date of birth
- The last 2 digits of your sort code and the last 2 digits of your account number used to pay the bill each month

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Matthew Wheeler
 Plusnet Help Team
Johnson
Hooked

This is almost exactly the experience I have endured chat lines useless phones taking over 20 mins to be answered staff very pleasant but not able to sort the problem I only found out by accident yesterday that the problem was exacerbated because I withheld my number but still no solution
Maybe the solution is to cancel the subscription
Johnson
abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Johnson, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry you're experiencing issues with your voicemail. Could you please private message:

- your full name & confirmation that you are the account holder
- your full address including postcode
- the mobile number in question?

Once you've sent the details, please let us know via this public post.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Johnson
Hooked

My full name is [Removed]
I am the account holder paying by monthly direct debit
The mobile number is [Removed]

Thanks
Ken johnson

Moderators Note: Personal information removed

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

You need to erase those personal details off a public forum, Ken, and send them by private message, as requested - "Could you please private message:"

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Fix

Hey @Johnson,

If you click on Alice#s profile name you'll get taken their profile page from there you should see the option to "private message". Once you've done so please give us a nudge here.

Thanks.

skiandu

well its now thursday this still has not been resolved. no one has replied to my PM, plus net support claim to have fixed it and its not fixed. i am now moving my account to another company and taking my broadband as well. considering i have been with plus net broadband since theys tarted up, this is not a move i take lightly, however they have lost the eprsonal touch and i no longer feel they care about the individual!

Johnson
Hooked

@abails0105 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Thanks for confirming those details @Johnson.

Could you also please confirm via PM:

- your date of birth

- last 2 digits from your sort code and account number used to pay the bill.

I'm sorry no on has responded to your private message as of yet @skiandu, would you be able to send the details requested by my colleague again so we can look into this for you?

Regards

Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Johnson
Hooked

@abails0105 Done, thanks
skiandu

Ok so here is where I am at!

Hi, I received a email saying someone would call me at 4pm, its now 5.30  pm and no one rang. this is getting rediculous in that I moved to plus net mobile and cannot 4 weeks alter still get my voicemail..

I cant get my voicemail. I first found out when I called it to get my messages to hear a recorded message that doesnt tell me what number to ring, only I must ring using a trusted number or home phone. 

I call to tech support, to be told 1 fourth of the information which is the number to ring,

so, call 2 and I am told  the  format with which I enter my mobile

so , call 3 to be told I need a passcode,

so call 4 to be told they cant give me a passcode, only send one in the post which willt ake 5 days.. (all the above could have been done by plus net giving me that information while I was on the phone! 

so call 5 is made  2 weeks later as I still havnt got my passcode, and then to be given one there and then (why not before??) 

I then find that after jumping through all these silly hoops, the end result is the same recorded message I have had to listen to for the  past FOUR WEEKS!

I spent 3 hours last saturday and sunday with tech support via phone, mobile phone, home phone and  online to get nowhere and be told its a technical issue and would be dealt with within 24 hours as urgently. and someone would call me back the next day.

and a week later

I am told my number is reset so it should work.

then I am told maybe I am witholding my number which would cause a problem (I am not)

7 emails later, I am told a call would come at 4pm, its now 5.30 and no call came

I AM NOT HAPPY!

oh and I posted on here in between that to be told get in touch via PM only to not receive any reply to my PM!

I AM WAY NOT HAPPY!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @skiandu

I'm sincerely sorry for the failings of getting this resolved for you and I apologies for the continued inconvenience caused. I can see this issue has now been resolved, however, if you need further assistance please let us know. 

Thanks.