unable to send text messages on my Plusnet mobile

FIXED
Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Re: unable to send text messages on my Plusnet mobile

Hello @J_Rowlands

I have responded to your private message.

Can you please have a look into your inbox.

Should you require any further assistance, please do get back in touch with us.

Many thanks.

oldboybob
Dabbler

mine is nearly 2 weeks now, phoning tomorrow to cancel, think everyone should do the same, not we will do you proud, more we will do nothing

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello @oldboybob, I am sorry to hear you feel that we have not done enough. I can take a look into this for you, if you PM me your full address with postcode, full name, account ref and mobile sim.

jackson_t
Hooked

"We''ll do you proud" does seem to a rather misplaced advertising slogan. I have at least twice provided all the details for the mobile which is not working - now a full week - and as yet nothing has happened. At the very least one would expect Plusnet to be talking of some compensation for the failure in their service. If nothing happens soon I'll be leaving before my two DDs are due again. It all seems rather shambolic.

oldboybob
Dabbler

sorry left you yesterday, service not what i was hoping it would be, with you for 4 weeks, 2weeks not been able to text, what part of we will do you proud, dont you understand?

J_Rowlands
Dabbler

Still waiting for the fix here (sms text sending out of action since last Friday 29.11.18). You would think there would be an individual job number for each fault rather than a general "We are working on it "

jackson_t
Hooked

Well, blow me down! Just had another go at re-registering the dodgy mobile onto Plusnet - tried this  a few times already - it worked! Back up and running. How long for?  If anyone wants to try it, switch off wifi and data before searching for available networks - then select Plusnet - and if you're lucky .............  

oldboybob
Dabbler

i left plusnet wed eve, now with tesco mobile, and phone working fine, hope you have sorted your out for good, imust say my plusnet broadband has been great, just a pity about unfit phone service..

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @J_Rowlands

I do apologise for the ongoing issues you are having with your Mobile SIM.

Can you please send me a private message so I can continue to assist you with your query.

I will need the following details from you:-

- Your full name

- Your mobile number

- Your full home address, including your postcode

Many thanks.

J_Rowlands
Dabbler

Rang the help desk again!!!! This time they have said they will send me a new sim card to try. Could take a day or two to arrive. Have already been without the ability to text for 8 days now. Lets see what happens (bearing in mind that others on the forum have tried this and it has failed).

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @J_Rowlands,

Thank you for letting us know that you have discussed this with the help team over the phone again and that they have sent you a new SIM card to try. Please let us know if the new SIM card does not resolve the problem.

I'm very sorry for the length of time that this issue has been ongoing and for the inconvenience that this is causing you.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
green19801

I am experiencing the same problem.

How about some compensation please?

Sam0207

No texts now for 2 weeks despite the thread saying this issue now fixed, not for me!

And how do I send a private message anyway? I try and it says I do not have enough privileges!

Please Plusnet sort this out. It is not a problem with the network, my partner is on EE and no trouble at all.
J_Rowlands
Dabbler

Once you have opened a public posting (just like you have just done) you should be able to send a private message (PM) to PLUSNET.-- apparently something to do with Spam.

oldboybob
Dabbler

you should do what i have done, leave, tesco mobile, is so easy to get, and it all works far better than plusnet. only way to get a great service.