Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

unable to send text messages on my Plusnet mobile

FIXED
J_Rowlands
Dabbler

unable to send text messages on my Plusnet mobile

Have been unable to send text messages on my Plusnet mobile since Friday 23rd Nov 2018. Informed Plusnet on the following day to be told that the issue was with them and that they had no idea how long it would take to fix! Also told we would be compensated for the inconvenience, but all I want is the problem to be resolved. It is now Monday the 26th Nov 2018 and still not working. Anybody else in the same boat? Beginning to lose the will to live! 

36 REPLIES 36
Mav
Fixes: 515

Re: unable to send text messages on my Plusnet mobile

Moderators Note

Thread moved from Fibre Broadband to Mobile.

Forum Moderator and Customer
Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear - Mark Twain
He who feared he would not succeed sat still

Dumbledore
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 34

Hello @J_Rowlands

I am sorry to hear you are unable to send text messages on your mobile.

Can you please private message the following details, so we can have a look into this for you:-

- Your full name

- Your mobile number

- Your full home address, including your postcode

Please comment on the thread, once you have messaged me these details so we can continue to assist you.

Many thanks.

jackson_t
Hooked

Have the same situation. We have two mobiles on Plusnet. One working fine, the other no outgoing texts and no data. Suddenly happened late last week. If not sorted soon likely to find different supplier.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Fix

Moderators Note

I've removed a post that contained a users personal information away from the public view

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mammahen

Having the same problem multiple phone calls to Plusnet and 5 days on and not resolved .I am told its EE that has a net work issue .Customer service people are lovely ,but like you just want this issue resolved it's taking far to long.

TheMightyAJ
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 126

Hi @jackson_t,

I'm sorry to hear that you're experiencing this issue. Have you been able to try swapping the SIM cards around to see if the same issue occurs?

Hi @Mammahen,

I'm sorry to hear that you have experienced this issue with the network. Unfortunately, if it's an issue with the network in the area, there's nothing we can do to speed up the fix of the issue, however as it sounds like our mobile network provider are aware of the issue and are working on a fix, the problem should be resolved soon.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alex H
 Plusnet Help Team
Mammahen

Hi yes have tried everything suggested by Plusnet regards the phone itself,travelled 3 hours away to a different area and it still did not work  ! Extremely frustrating I'm perplexed how this can be acceptable ? to just having to wait for  plusnet to get it working again ,6 days now ! Its very poor and very disappointing .....One thing I will say is the customer service team are really friendly, but can't fix the problem unfortunately ☹ 😦😧😟

jackson_t
Hooked

Tried swapping SIM from phone with problem to other phone. This is the second time of trying this trick. No success. Evidently a problem related to the SIM. This problem has existed for several days and my patience is running out fast - I guess that I am not the only Plusnet customer feeling like this. I feel that we should at least now be offered some extra credit onto our accounts as this does appear to be a Plusnet problem!

Polsander
Hooked

Same problem. Cannot send text messages since Wednesday of last week. Has anyone had any success with Plusnet and a solution/ explanation?

J_Rowlands
Dabbler

No solution as yet ,  If you check the Plusnet service status it is showing all is ok.(not sure where this leaves all of us).

Unfortunately, maybe we need to jump ship !

BrandonKent

Same here.

BrandonKent

I have the same problem.  Cannot send text messages and no data.

Tags (2)
BrandonKent

Can you tell me how it was fixed?

Thanks.

J_Rowlands
Dabbler

Unfortunately it still has not been fixed.No idea when it will be repaired.There must be a Telecoms engineer somewhere who can sort this out !

Come on Plusnet sort this out.