cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

trouble with cancellation and charges

lee92

trouble with cancellation and charges

Hey,

So I've had plusnet for a couple of months without problem up until recently where i was being charged for data (as i exceeded my limit) in which i payed through the site then switched mobile data off. A week later i was still being charged at a rate of £1.50 per day for used data, which i wasn't using due to turning mobile data off and also needed to cancel my contract due to moving abroad.

So, i called and the chap on the phone cleared the charges and mentioned that the payment i made was not showing but he fixed it and told me that i no longer owed them any money (even though on the site it still mentioned i owed the £4.50 which i already payed via card). He said that im fine to now cancel my contract and put me through to the cancellation team where i spoke to a woman, she cancelled my contract and said that charges still will be made as she sees i owe money, i told her that i sorted it just before and that i am now all square with plusnet, she seemed unsure but that was that.

i canceled my direct debit, removed my sim card out of my phone and thought that should be that, however the last few days i have received emails stating that i owe them money( which i dont as i just cleared that over the phone) and they tried to charge be but couldnt due to my cancelled direct debit. my account has been suspened but the sim isnt even being used and i already cancelled it. and now i have a new email saying my smart cap has been reached which is impossible as the sim is unactive.

i am now abroad and cant make calls untill i get a sim in this country and am unsure if they can help considering ive been through this all once before.

sorry about the long post, but i need this cleared up.

2 REPLIES 2
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: trouble with cancellation and charges

Hi @lee92, thanks for getting in touch!

It definitely doesn't sound right that you've been charged for excess data when it wasn't being used.

These emails may just be referring to your final bill - which is still due once the 30 days notice is placed on the account. 

You will also receive automatic emails if the Direct Debit has been cancelled while the account is still active.

I'd certainly like to look into this all for you, so if you please send me a private message I'll get this picked up Smiley

Thanks

-Oli

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: trouble with cancellation and charges

I will be out of the office for a few days, if you need us to look into this for you, please message one of my colleagues for help!

@LivRobinson @CharlieRobinson @RebekaPreston and @SarahStewart will all be in over the next few days Smiley

Thank you

-Oli