cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

sim card size

soma

sim card size

Hi,
How would I be able to change my sim card size from nano to micro ?
Thanks
15 REPLIES 15
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: sim card size

Hi,

Two options :-

1) Request a replacement sim from PlusNet (there may be a charge) and use the micro-sim pop-out from the new sim.

2) Get a sim adapter (something like this https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B00QQJ7YYE/ref=asc_df_B00QQJ7YYE57195110/?tag=googshopuk-21&creative=221... ) BUT BE AWARE they can cause problems!. If the sim gets dislodged from the adapter it can get STUCK in the phone and be VERY difficult (if not impossible) to remove, thus rendering the phone unusable! USE AT YOUR OWN RISK, especially with push-in push-out spring loaded sim slots!!!

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @soma, we can get you a new SIM ordered, there would just be a £3.50 charge to do so. Just drop me a PM with your mobile/ account number.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@soma given that the cost is only £3.50 then I'd suggest that the replacement sim is the best route.

@LaurenB for the sake of clarity , what is the procedure for activating the replacement sim ?

Does the existing SIm become inoperative and the replacement active as soon as dispatched (or perhaps within 24 hrs ?)

OR does the user have to call in to activate the replacement once it's been received

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

@MisterW wrote:

for the sake of clarity , what is the procedure for activating the replacement sim ?

Does the existing SIm become inoperative and the replacement active as soon as dispatched (or perhaps within 24 hrs ?)

OR does the user have to call in to activate the replacement once it's been received

Once they've received the new SIM, they'll need to notify us (either by phone, live chat, here, Facebook or Twitter) and we'll then complete the SIM swap on the account for the replacement to start working.

Essentially, we'd just update the ICCID, the account would then go into pending, and up to 2 hours later it should go back out into a live state on the new SIM.

Hope this helps.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser

@Gandalf thanks for that explanation. I've just done a SIM swap on Giffgaff for a family member going from a micro to nano, and the procedure was the same, apart from it was all done on-line by inputting an activation code for the new SIM and confirming the IMEI. 

RobC
Pro
Fixes: 3

as you have a nano sim ... the small one

OR if you have a micro sim you want to use in an old style full size phone ...

if you get a free or any other multi- sim from any network, it doesnt have to be a Plusnet one. You can just pop out the nano bit from the other sim and use micro bit from that sim and put your PN nano sim in that. Throw the freebie small nano sim bit away.

Then put your existing PN nano held in the other micro part OF THE SIM in your phone, and have the other bit (full size) should you want to pop it all back together and use in an older phone.

No re- registering or faffing needed. Just carry on with your existing nano in the larger bit.

The sims are standard sizes but do ensure it pops in properly just in case. It is YOUR responsibility to ensure it works in your case - I cant .

I've done this for ages and none of the problems you get with those ebay plastic ones.

If this helps - please press fixed - I'm trying to beat the fixes the staff here have got in the last year

Show us ONE just ONE real, defined benefit for the British public from Brexit

Brexit Promised cake .... But just delivers a stream of Cack
... and expects us all to just swallow it
Brexit - Built from Bovine Manure by Bots
dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

Moderators Note

Several replies have been removed that were detracting from the original purpose.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
RobC
Pro

Anoush,

Who do I email regarding the moderators deleting posts?

Including posts about issues which I believe negatively affect the customer resolution experience here, seemingly deleted because they include critique of moderators unreasonable interference and censorship (without any help given to the customer) adding to a customers very negative experience.

... which is no doubt a factor in people who actually intend help giving up responding and helping here, and part of the negative experience that desperately needs addressing

Please PM me with the information if some moderator quickly deletes this, presumably to protect their interests whatever their stated excuse.

dvorak
Fixes: 1,482

How to raise a complaint is in the forum rules https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Forum-Rules/td-p/1167432
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hi there @RobC, I would echo @dvorak in that you would need to raise a complaint on the url they have provided. Let us know if there is anything else we can help with.

RobC
Pro

I asked for an email, you have not given it.

You give a link, which gives no contact details, although one may be linked *off the link you give, although the link refers you to another set of choices.

ALL you have really done is send me on a runaround to the plusnet 'contact us. which you could have linked in one, despite it NOT being what I asked for.

Sounds like a all too common fob off rather than simply answering a customers questions - let alone resolving their issues.

You people are a liability to any companies reputation and go a good way to explaining plusnets appalling reputation.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

@RobC, the complaints process for this can be found in that link, quoted below.

If you ever have reason to question the actions of a moderator you should try and resolve your issue directly with the moderation team via Private Message (PM), if your issue is not resolved please contact the Community Manager via PM. They will liaise with the moderators and make a final decision on your case.

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RobC
Pro

As has been already pointed out when you staff/moderators say to a customer 'just PM someone else'

look whos online, figure out whos staff and who can do wehat and moderators cant help anyone etc etc  and PM them...

That really is a shoddy response

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

The Forum Rules provide the names and usernames of all the Moderators and Help Team including the Community Manager.

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet