cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Roam Like At Home" in the EU - Are there any settings I have to make on my phone or account?

Slapdash2
Hooked

"Roam Like At Home" in the EU - Are there any settings I have to make on my phone or account?

I recently changed from Virginmobile to Plusnet. I have to go to the EU shortly and it will be the first time since I changed mobile provider that I have taken my phone to the EU. I need to have it working. Are there any settings I have to make to my phone or plusnet account to make sure its is all setup to use "Roam Like At Home" in the EU?

The reason I ask, is that when I first went to EU with my Virginmobile sim, I had problems connectrring to data. Apparently I should have informed Virgin and I should have made changes in the UK before I left. That was years ago, and I can't remember now what I had to do. Just tryining to avoid any similar problems this time.

I'm a bit of a mobile idiot so, full precise instructions, if needed, would be helpful.

Thanks in advance

2 REPLIES 2
Alex
Community Veteran
Fixes: 13

Re: "Roam Like At Home" in the EU - Are there any settings I have to make on my phone or a

Sounds like it is something that has to be done on their back end. I am not sure if it is enabled by default but I would contact customer services and double check with them before you go. I don't think you need to change any settings on your device.

A member of staff may pick this up on here.

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Re: "Roam Like At Home" in the EU - Are there any settings I have to make on my phone or account?

Hey @Slapdash2

Thanks for getting in touch with us here. 

Your account should have roaming settings enabled already but I'm more than happy to double-check for you, just drop me a PM with the following info: 

- Your Plusnet mobile number 

- Your full address with postcode

- Your full name 

Thanks.