Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"My phone number" on SIM after port

Stoker
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

"My phone number" on SIM after port

Firstly, thanks for porting well within 24 hours of initial request and within a few hours of my old SIM's demise.

One question - at the moment the number stored on the SIM as shown by Android's  Services / About etc is still the original Plusnet one. Will that change eventually to the current (ie ported) number? Not really a big deal but a bit annoying as it can't be changed by the user under Android - I think the network has to do it.

3 REPLIES 3
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: "My phone number" on SIM after port

Hi Stoker,

This sounds as if it is the handset itself not the network and you'll need to speak to your handset manufacturer about this. In the meantime, you can try re-booting your handset, manually search or refresh network settings etc... If your handset is an iPhone, you can try turning off and on your iMessages. 

Hope this helps!

- Rebeka Smiley

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

@Stoker I had the same problem under Giffgaff on Android as I had to manually input the number for the 'My Number' app https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.luck.mynumber&hl=en_GB

However my Plusnet number comes up straight off the bat.

Stoker
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

I've just come from Giffgaff. They don't store the number on the SIM at all, which is at least better than having the wrong number.

EDIT - two reboots and it's updated the SIM to the correct (old, ported) number so it now displays correctly in Settings.