Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet mobile voicemail issue

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Re: plusnet mobile voicemail issue

Moderators Note

A post was released from the spam filter.

Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'
JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi Plutox, you're 100% right, it's why I came here and cleared things up. I'm sorry some of our agents have communicated incorrect information but it's not a deliberate PR policy that's been set, it's an accident by our team. 

Whilst I appreciate you're not happy about the timescales the problem was with a third party company (not even our carrier network) and outside of our scope to fix. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
plutox
Grafter

@JonoH wrote:

Hi Plutox, you're 100% right, it's why I came here and cleared things up. I'm sorry some of our agents have communicated incorrect information but it's not a deliberate PR policy that's been set, it's an accident by our team. 

Your candour is appreciated and I have no doubt that you and your colleagues do your very best to address the messes created by those way above your pay grade.

The whole “third party” theme has become a common excuse for poor performance in many aspects of society (“it's not my fault”), but it remains truly bizarre that this most basic of features could ever have been allowed to fail 🤔 Indulge me for a moment –

It's quite reasonable that a network can become “confused” at the moment of shut-off or signal loss and, for a few minutes thereafter, present an unexpected response to incoming calls to that number. But after that few minutes the network knows, without a doubt, that the phone in question is unreachable and should fall back to the defined option for that condition. It amazes me that some faulty coding of this basic function could ever have been allowed into service with so little testing that it then took six weeks to address!

This appears to be a serious case of somebody not knowing their job to a sufficient standard. I would like that individual to come here and face his public instead of being permitted to hide behind people like yourself who are paid to deal with issues not of your making yet, for which, you and your colleagues “take it on the chin”.

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

@plutox wrote:

This appears to be a serious case of somebody not knowing their job to a sufficient standard. I would like that individual to come here and face his public instead of being permitted to hide behind people like yourself who are paid to deal with issues not of your making yet, for which, you and your colleagues “take it on the chin”.

The issue is that because the issue was caused by a 3rd party they'll be answering to us as their customer whilst we answer to you as our customer. To be clear whilst the issue wasn't caused by us, it's still our responsibility as you're relationship is with ourselves, our duty is to get things fixed as quickly as possible and to keep customers informed. It's us that's failed here. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
plutox
Grafter

My mission is to discover “the cause behind the cause” Wink

But thanks anyway.

Lesley_T
Dabbler

I would just like to add this is NOT fixed for one of my phones an i phone. i have no voicemail whether the phone is on or off. 

EmilyD
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 117

Hi @Lesley_T,

I'm very sorry to hear that you're still experiencing problems with voicemail on one of your handsets. Does this issue still occur when you swap the SIM from your iPhone to one of your other handsets?

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Emily D
 Plusnet Help Team
Lesley_T
Dabbler

I will try this but havent got time today as working. It is a 3 year old sim in that phone so maybe needs a new one ? 

JOLO
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 77

@Lesley_T,

The age of the SIM shouldn't make a difference. Can you let us know how you get on with the alternate handset.

plutox
Grafter

Can you let us know how you get on with the alternate handset.

Forgive me, I'm not trying to be intentionally provocative here, but what difference does it make to the VMX functionality when the handset is switched off?

A switched-off handset is a pile of parts that can have no interaction with the network, so unless that handset has previously instructed the network "if unavailable, do not divert" (do handsets have such a setting?) I don't see how this can be down to the handset. Which leaves the network!

Lesley_T
Dabbler

Thank you for pointing this out - I dont know that level of info but i am being fobbed off1 I'll be switching provider soon if this does not get fixed. 

Lesley_T
Dabbler

makes absolutely no difference - the voicemail function still does not work on one number but this conversation needs to be conducted with me on private message not a public forum. 

abails0105
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 60

Hi @Lesley_T, thanks for getting in touch.

I'm sorry for the issues you're having with your Voicemail service. So we ca speak with our Mobile Ops Team in regards to this, could you please PM:

- your full name & confirmation that you are the account holder
- your full address including postcode
- the mobile number in question?

Once you've sent this information via PM, please do let us know via this public post.

Regards

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Alice Baillie
 Plusnet Help Team
Lesley_T
Dabbler

I have PM'd JOLO back but i am still waiting for an answer

LaurenB
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 131

Hi @Lesley_T, thanks for the PM however we would still require the requested information so we can raise this further.

Can you please send a PM over with the details requested by @abails0105 along with the following please:

- Characters 2 & 4 of 'your memorable place'

- Last 2 digits of both the bank account number & sort code

Once you've sent this over, just let us know via this post.

Lauren Barry
 Plusnet Help Team