cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

plusnet mobile voicemail issue

Lesley_T
Dabbler

Re: plusnet mobile voicemail issue

Well im just a user but given the thread above I assume so. But it is up to each individual to check their own voicemail and raise a complaint if affected. 

Andy_C10
Hooked
Fixes: 1

Hi, I am also having the same issue. When my Andriod phone is switched OFF I get no voicemail. It works when the phone is ON. It worked okay on my Windows phone!

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

Not adviseable to use your mobile number as a username - if that's the case!

Mads
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 79

Hello all,

Thanks for your patience, I've recently has an update from the operations team confirming they have found a root of the issues and are working on fixing this currently. There is no link with the new voicemail system.

As an aside I would advise not using your phone number as your account username.

Thanks,

Andy_C10
Hooked

So how can a username be changed?

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

See the PM I sent you or you can PM me here.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
jlo31
Dabbler

Any more updates with this issue as it still persists?

Kind regards

James

Andy_C10
Hooked

The issue of no voicemail when phone is switched OFF might be resolved. I called my Huawei when switched OFF and my call went to voicemail.

stevebrooks

Yes I just tried it with my Redmi 7 switched off and it seems to work now! 

jlo31
Dabbler

Hi,

Yes I just checked today and indeed it does seem to be fixed! 

Cheers.

James

Lesley_T
Dabbler

Its working now on my motorola but not my i phone. 

RandallFlagg
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 75

Hi all and in particular, @Lesley_T - my apologies for not coming back to you sooner.

I've spoken to our mobile team and they've confirmed that this is still being worked on, but it's encouraging that this has started to be resolved for some handset manufacturers.

Thanks for your patience whilst our suppliers get this sorted - it's appreciated.

Dave

JonoH
Hero
Fixes: 157

Hi all,  sorry for the misinformation The issue that we were having regarding calls not being transferred to voicemail when the phone was out of signal or switched off has been completely resolved. 

If anyone is still experiencing this problem, please let me know. 

Jono H
 Plusnet Community Manager
Andy_C10
Hooked

Thanks JonoH for helping and getting back to us.

plutox
Grafter

@JonoH wrote:

Hi all,  sorry for the misinformation The issue that we were having regarding calls not being transferred to voicemail when the phone was out of signal or switched off has been completely resolved. 

I should think so too - this is hardly an advanced or sophisticated feature. This is something that has worked correctly since the first day I bought a digital mobile phone in 1994.

And the notion that this issue affected some brands of phone and not others is equally absurd. After all, a truly switched off phone is a lump of dead components stuck together. There is no difference between a switched-off iPhone or a switched-off anything else. While it is possible that, at the instant of switch off, some phones may transmit a different last gasp [“Goodbyeeee....”] signal to others, once a phone has disappeared from the network it is no different to any other phone that has disappeared from the network.

In short, no more than a few minutes after a phone has disappeared from the network, divert to VMX (or whatever the user has requested when unobtainable) should kick-in and that should be that. So how and why this has been “explained” as a phone issue rather than an error at the network level gives me cause for concern about the integrity of the managers who dictate the PR policy for handling this kind of issue. And as for the fact that this basic fault has taken six weeks to resolve; inexcusable.

There has indeed been a lot of misinformation about this one.