cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone keeps rebooting with new plusnet sim

fibrephile
Dabbler

phone keeps rebooting with new plusnet sim

Hi. I just took out a new sim only plusnet deal. I moved from another provider, all new services (phone, 4G) are working fine, I ported my number over and that went through very quickly without a hitch, but my android phone keeps rebooting, it will not run for more than a few hours at most before it spontaneously reboots. Sometimes when I'm using it, often when it's just sat doing nothing, or in the middle of the night too. My phone (Wileyfox Swift) never did this before, if I take the sim out it doesn't do it, if I put another 4G sim in it, it doesn't do it. The phone has 2 sim slots, I've tried the plusnet sim in both slots, it made no difference. Could my new plusnet sim be faulty straight out of the box? Apart from the reboots it seems to be working fine.

6 REPLIES 6
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: phone keeps rebooting with new plusnet sim

Hi @fibrephile

thanks for getting in touch!

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues, if you drop us a message we can certainly look into this. 

This does sound like a handset issue however if you drop us a message we can get a new SIM sent out to rule out any issues with the SIM. 

fibrephile
Dabbler

I sent you a private message Sarah, is that what you meant?

GrahamIC

I also have a Wileyfox Swift with plusnet sim and have the same issue of random reboots, sometimes the mobile data locks on Edge connection and the only way to get back to 4G is to reboot the phone.  Did replacing your sim cure this problem?

fibrephile
Dabbler

Hi. I did request a new SIM but as soon as it turned up, the phone suddenly started behaving again. I get the occasional reboot still, maybe once or twice a month, but nothing like as bad as it was, so I have never bothered changing the sim. Whether it was just a dodgy connection on the sim that needed to bed in a bit, or some other software on the phone which has been updated and stopped it, I'm afraid I don't know.

GrahamIC

Okay, thanks for the reply. My phone would get the odd reboot every couple of weeks, however the problem is getting worse so I'm in the process of porting back to my original network.
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,599

Hi @GrahamIC

Sorry to hear you're having issues.

Could I ask if you experience this problem using a different phone handset if you can?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet