cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

phone app for iphone

shazzymack

phone app for iphone

Hi I'm new to plusnet and have tried looking for a app for mobile accounts and can not find one.   Is there not a app? or is it in a different name.  Sorry if this as been asked before

6 REPLIES 6
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: phone app for iphone

There's an app in the works at the moment. Unfortunately we don't have a date set for release yet, but rest assured that you'll be the first to know when it launches Smiley

In the meantime, most smartphone handsets now offer a 'save to home screen' function - that's what I use for my personal phone account, and it works in just the same way as an app. All you'd need to do is navigate to the 'My Account' page on your phone's web browser, then via the menu select the option 'Save to Home Screen' or equivalent. A small icon is then made with the Plusnet logo and placed on your phone's home screen, just like an app. Clicking this icon will take you to your 'My Account' page and allow you to see your allowances, change your details, and more.

aesmith
Pro
Fixes: 4

In the meantime, most smartphone handsets now offer a 'save to home screen' function - that's what I use for my personal phone account, and it works in just the same way as an app.

As I pointed out before when this fudge work-around was suggested to excuse no proper mobile app ...

Not really viable.  For a start you have to key in your user name and password from scratch each time that web page is launched.  It's not a very mobile friendly web page either, using up huge amounts of space with goofy graphics which you have to scroll past to get to the login dialogue boxes, then if you successfully login then you have to scroll past them all over again to reach any information.

I said "if" because it can take a lot of attempts to login,  just one test just now failed first time with that "something's gone wrong, please try again" message, once after accepting details it went to a screen saying I'd been logged out due to inactivity, then third time lucky it finally got in.

MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

This wasn't intended as an official 'workaround', 

Gavla

@MichaelWilliams wrote:

There's an app in the works at the moment. Unfortunately we don't have a date set for release yet, but rest assured that you'll be the first to know when it launches Smiley

In the meantime, most smartphone handsets now offer a 'save to home screen' function - that's what I use for my personal phone account, and it works in just the same way as an app. All you'd need to do is navigate to the 'My Account' page on your phone's web browser, then via the menu select the option 'Save to Home Screen' or equivalent. A small icon is then made with the Plusnet logo and placed on your phone's home screen, just like an app. Clicking this icon will take you to your 'My Account' page and allow you to see your allowances, change your details, and more.

Ok so the above post was 6 months ago and I still don't see an iOS app in the Apple AppStore which is unfair to ask users to login to their account containing sensitive data through mobile safari when iOS offers safe sandboxing of native apps to protect data, so it's it a lot more secure for for users to have an iOS app. This would also combat any phishing scams as users are use to using a web portal, where if users had an iOS app with touch/face ID then they would have no need to go near a mobile browser and input their details to a scam phishing site.

Thanks, also a 6 month development phase for an iOS native app shows this has had a pin put in it or benched permanently, so my question is "are you still working on this and do you have a rollout ETA?"

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Gavla,

Although we don't have an official release date, I can assure you that we are still working on creating a mobile app for our customers. 

As soon as we have an official date, we'll be sure to let everyone know.

- Rebeka Smiley

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

There is a more expansive update on the app here https://community.plus.net/t5/Community-Announcements/Mobile-App-Update/m-p/1517735#M8439
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'