cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

not receiving text messages

madisteves

not receiving text messages

I'm having problems with not receiving some text messages. Sometimes they don't arrive at all, but yesterday it happened that i only received text messages when i turned on mobile data. Any ideas? I'm using Android Samsung

7 REPLIES 7
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Re: not receiving text messages

Thanks for your post @madisteves 

I'm sorry to see you're having issues sending some texts. Do you know if the people on the other end get any particular error message when they try to send you a text or does it show as sent on their end?

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
madisteves

No error message, it just shows as sent at the time they sent it, not the time I received it several hours later
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Are they sending the texts through the internet? I don't use Android but on iOS you can send via iMessage which means both the sender and recipient would need to be connected to the internet either via mobile data or WiFi to receive it. 

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
madisteves

No just regular text, and from more than one sender
Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer

Thanks for the clarification. Are there any known issues when you enter the postcode you're at in the EE Service Checker Here?

If there aren't I'd recommend rebooting your phone as well as remove and re-insert the SIM. If that doesn't fix the issue do you have access to another phone you can test the SIM in?

Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
RichardB
Seasoned Champion
Fixes: 39

Hi @madisteves

As you have an android phone it might have the new google RCS chat messaging enabled.

RCS can send messages via the internet. It does so when both phones have RCS enabled.

If you are exchanging texts between a friend using, for example an iphone, the text will go via the normal SMS route.

I have found RCS to be unreliable so turned it off.

You wil have to search on how to disable RCS (sometimes called chat+) on your mobile, it varies depending on the device.

It is usually an option in the settings of the messaging app.

Regards

Richard

madisteves

Interesting, thanks, I will try to give that a try