Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no data received

FIXED
vlad063
Hooked

no data received

Hi all,

I am new to Plusnet Mobile. Got a package deal 4 days ago the SIM arrived. My phone is Samsung S3. Inserted the SIM, can make calls or receive them and can send text or receive them. But no data service? Strenght of signal on the phone is maximum and Wi-Fi is on. But simply, if I try browsing nothing comes through. Can anyone help with suggestions/instructions of what to do?

Many Thanks

Vlad

3 REPLIES 3
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 385

Re: no data received

Fix

Check the APN settings. You might have to manually create a new APN, the details can be found here https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

vlad063
Hooked

Thank You MisterW,

I set all as you instruct for Android. There were extra ines on my phone set. I left them empty(Not set). Those were: Proxy, Port, Server, Mobile virtual network operator (None) and frozen line Mobile virtual network operator....(not set)

There are also two lines which were I am pretty sure "Not set" when I was setting all up (writing in) but after Saving those two lines come up as: MCC 234 and MNC 33 ? Should I put these two back to Not set ?

Apart from that there are frozen lines as follows: APN Protocol   IPv4 and APN Roaming protocol   IPv4 and Enable/Disable APN  (with a tick that cannot be highlighted). Do I need to activate this somehow?

When I go back to Menu/Mobile Networks/APNs, indeed EE Internet shows up now with green dot selected and illuminated. But I still get no external network coverage. Data still only works with my home Broadband Internet (which I guess at least means that SIM is OK....

What could I try next?

Very grateful for your help.

Regards

Vlad

vlad063
Hooked

No, actually MisterW, this works!

Many Thanks, much appreciated

Vlad