cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

no coverage

K8

no coverage

says id get coverage but no doesnt work indoors should have stuck with giffgaff were i had full coverage, conned yet again 

4 REPLIES 4
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: no coverage

Hi there @K8!

Thank you for taking the time to create this post.

I'm really sorry to hear that your indoor signal isn't great.

I understand this is pretty bulky, but this is from our website:

'In areas where high quality outdoor coverage is indicated, it is usually possible to make and receive calls within buildings. However, this depends on the construction of the building and where you are in it. In some cases, use of your mobile phone will be impaired inside buildings (for example basements or lifts may have lower quality coverage). Coverage also depends on the device you are using.

Please also note that the service areas are based on computer prediction. Whilst we have tried to make this guide as accurate as possible, the information provided is not a guarantee of service availability. We have not tested every location within the areas shown as having coverage. So while the coverage footprint outlined on the maps is generally accurate, there may be specific areas shown as having coverage where your device will not work.

All products using radio technology, including television and car radios, can be affected by local physical conditions which may interfere with radio signals. As with other mobile phone services, coverage can be affected in tunnels, dips, cuttings, mountains and wooded areas.

Even in high quality service areas, additional sites might be planned to improve the level of in-building coverage in known problem areas. The coverage maps may also indicate these planned coverage expansions. We reserve the right to modify this schedule without notice, as required from time to time.'

Just to let you know that we are fully aware that signal isn't always possible indoors. This information is available for everyone to read!

We give you a 14 day cooling off period which is plenty of time to check whether the coverage is acceptable or not. If you choose to cancel the account in this time, you'll receive a refund for your up front payment.

If you're not happy with the coverage you're receiving and would like to move to another provider, simply give our cancellations team a call! They can be contacted by calling 0800 079 1133 for free, and selecting option 3!

For anything else, please send me a private message and I'll see what I can do Smiley

Thanks

-Oli

azc
Rising Star
Fixes: 1

PlusNet mobile runs on (part of) EE, GiffGaff on O2 which could account for the different coverage

Anonymous
Not applicable

This is very useful to check coverage there are only four mobile communication providers as shown other companies use one of these

https://checker.ofcom.org.uk/mobile-coverage

Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

I've found this to be quite useful albeit rather technical https://www.cellmapper.net/map

Pick your country and provider.

Put in your location further down the page then click on the green towers to see their coverage.

I've used it to show me that none of the towers in my area  service my road effectively hence my poor signal.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine