cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer.. no data

workshy

new customer.. no data

me and my partner both moved to plusnet on wednesday and had our numbers ported over on thursday.

the problem is my partner's sim has no data and only shows 3G. she called customer services and they couldn't explain why so arranged for a new sim to be posted out.

the new sim arrived today (sat) so she called to activate it. 3 hours later and still no service. she called again and and was told everything was live on your system so should be working but was told to wait another hour or so. she explained the problem she had been having and the rep told her that the data was switched off on her account!! he then said he would complete a form to get the data switched on.

5 mins after the call the sim registered 3G on the phone and could now make phone calls, but again no data.

she called customer services again and spoke to a different person who could see that the data was turned off on her account. she mentioned about the other rep completing a form and he replied he didn't know why he said that as it was a case of just switching it on which he says he now has. she has been told to wait another couple of hours.

do any moderators on here have access to accounts and be able to explain just what the hell is going on and why her data is off and why she is getting told one thing by one person and something different by another?

one other anomaly is that she can make and receive calls except receive a call from me. she can call me but i can't call her, the line just gets cut off. 

8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: new customer.. no data

The Moderators on here are just customers like yourself and don't have access to Plusnet systems.

Hopefully a member of staff will respond to your thread.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi workshy!

Thanks for getting in touch!

I'm sorry to hear about your experience with us, this certainly doesn't sound like our usual high standard of service that we provide and rest assured, we'll work hard to resolve this for you. 

Without looking into the account, I cannot advise as to exactly what is going on however, if you're the account holder, be sure to send me a Private Message and I can certainly look into this for you. If not, can you please advise the account holder to contact us by calling 500 free from the handset or 0800 079 1133 from any other handset, alternatively, you can catch us on our Live Chat feature over at www.plus.net.

In the meantime, if you head over to https://www.plus.net/help/mobile/mobile-phone-and-voicemail-settings/, you can view our data APN settings for that particular handset.

- Rebeka 

workshy

she's just about had enough calling 500 and getting the same "mmm...i don't know why it's not working.. give it another xx hours..."

if you feel you can do more than they can then let me know and i'll pm all the info you need regarding the account

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Hi workshy,

I would certainly like to take a look into this for you and do my best however, I would need to speak with the account holder for security reasons. 

- Rebeka 

workshy

i shall pm you her details.. thanks

tinkerbell

hi rebeka

i am the account holder i shall private message my phone number.

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)

Thanks!

- Rebeka Smiley

workshy

she's phoned 500 again and got the usual try these APN settings and it will work etc.. we can send new sim etc.. she has had 3 sims and none have worked.. they just don't understand the problem.. so she has requested her PAC code

it sounds a lot like this problem..

https://www.theregister.co.uk/2017/01/11/plusnet_mobile_data_outage/