Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

new customer Double Billed

andrewpurkis201
Grafter

new customer Double Billed

I tried to sign up to the mobile service

I went thru the process and it got to the end where you pay £5 for the initial payment on my credit card

i put my card details in and clicked submit and it came up "ERROR" incorrect details please try again

so i did and got the same error 

so i gave up

but looking on my credit card online i see i have 2 £5 transactions

but ive had no conformation emails or anything

can someone tell me whats going on?

6 REPLIES 6
RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Re: new customer Double Billed

Hi andrewpurkis201!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

Sometimes, if an order has not fully processed, there's a possibility the money will be taken form your bank account but will not be paid directly to ourselves; this could have been placed in what's called a 'holding account'. This is an account between us and the bank where the money will sit for 5-10 working days before it's returned back to you. I'm afraid we have no control over this account as it belongs to the bank and this is something you would need to discuss with the bank itself. 

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask away and I'll do my best to help! 

- Rebeka

andrewpurkis201
Grafter

Ok i see

but as it didnt complete does that mean I wont get a sim card

or will i have to try again?

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi andrewpurkis201,

If you've received an error message and not received your confirmation email, it's more than likely that the order did not complete. 

You can always give our friendly Sales Team a call on 0800 079 1133 and they'll be more than happy to help you with this! 

Alternatively, if you can send me a private message with your contact details, I can see if we have any available call back slots.

- Rebeka 

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Interesting, I work in a call centre and we've had a lot of this lately for PPV streams. At our end absolutely nothing shows as it's temporarily stuck in limbo before it gets bounced back to the customer.

andrewpurkis201
Grafter

i just tried again with a different card

same result

so they need to have a look at their billing system

very annoying

RazziB
Hooked

I have just had exactly the same thing happen to me!

Extremely annoying that you got charged the £5 twice considering the ordering process did not complete and the error page quite clearly states that you will not be charged!

I'll have to wait until tomorrow to see if I got charged ...

If so there is absolutely no excuse for it since the ordering/card verification process did not complete - this cannot be legal, charging you for something you did not receive?

Since the money gets taken then the card verification process must have completed despite the on-screen error message, so it is not an issue with our (the customers) bank - it is an issue with the PlusNet billing process.