cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet data is terrible

andyb1968
Dabbler

internet data is terrible

so had my switch over sorted thx to the mods here, but have noticed my internet is well terrible if i get any for example, im only getting E speeds, was down my lads yesterday, hes on EE so should get sameish speeds, he was getting 20mbps down i was getting 0.6mbps at home i cant even get anything, even though it should be fine round here, hence why switch, the same in work, its always E speeds.

when i switch to my other sim which is different network, but worse than EE coverage, i get 4g everywhere, very confusing and annoying

can someone help please

6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: internet data is terrible

Hi there Andy, cheers for taking my call just now it was nice chatting with you. Can you try the SIM in another phone? Please let me know when you've been able to do that and I'll follow things up with you from there.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyb1968
Dabbler

ok so ive tried to register manually on the plusnet 4g as its preselecting plusnet 2g by default. but when i try to select plusnet 4g i get this

cannot connect to this network at the moment, i get this all time

but will do as suggested by plusnet n try in aother phone when able too

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

OK, cheers for giving that a try too Andy, let me know how you get on when you've tried it in another phone Smiley

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
andyb1968
Dabbler

hi, sory for delay but wanted to try sort this and health hasnt been great, ok so the plusnet sim doesnt agree with my mi9 so went got a different phone, got a pixel 4, now it is better but, signal isnt great tbh, my partner who is on EE had full signal 4g etc, i had H+ and kept dropping signal, so there looks like theres an issue with the sim.  as 3 phones giving 3 different readings the mi9 data would be E, the pixel h+ and misses phone is H+ and phone signal is weak with plusnet sim

cheers

adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team

Hi andyb1968, cheers for the update and I'm sorry that there's an issue with the SIM. I'd like to double check your address before we send out a replacement. Could you send that over on a PM to me please? - Adam

Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
nuttyninja
Hooked