cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage not working

pete5
Dabbler

Re: iMessage not working

two people on the virgin site requested new sims and it fixed the issue, may be the way forward

ackymitch
Hooked

Thanks Pete.  I will hold fire on the SIM swap to see if Apple/EE can resolve the issue. 

Mark101
Dabbler

@pete5 wrote:

two people on the virgin site requested new sims and it fixed the issue, may be the way forward

The new Virgin sims are not really connected with EE, that's why they are working I think?, the older SIM's are still EE/Virgin ones.

Virgin are now a full MVNO and run their own network now, with just the signal going out through the EE masts.

pete5
Dabbler

I dont know the new sims are purple in colour , the people with issues are on old sims. at least for them

they have not had imessage service since friday

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Full quote of preceding post removed as per Forum rules.

ackymitch
Hooked

Hi Guys, do we have an official statement from Plusnet/EE/Apple on this ongoing issue?

pete5
Dabbler

mine has now logged in, from this afternoon, i suggest you give your phone a restart

RooDBwoY
Hooked

Working perfectly now on both my EE corporate device and my PlusNet personal device.

I won't get official confirmation from Apple until at least tomorrow but I'll post info up when I get it, including what the reason was for causing it.

ackymitch
Hooked

Yes mine connected at the exact moment a Plusnet operator was about to do a SIM swap.  I quickly cancelled the swap.  Thanks for all the support.  Cheers.

AndyHerb
Hooked
Fixes: 1

I can confirm it's working for me now, also.  I switched iMessage off, then rebooted the phone, then turned it back on.  Job's a good-un.

Thanks for the heads-up.

wmrstafford

Mine also just worked. I didn't even bother to reboot my phone this time. Switched imessage and facetime both off, then turned them back on and activation was instant.

Would still love to hear what the cause was. It was almost as if EE had blacklisted the imessage activation number. Fingers crossed this doesn't happen again.

GordonGillespie
Dabbler

Mines is working again also, finally. Thank you for those who spoke to Apple about the issue. Would love to know what caused it as well.
Andy_mccoy
Hooked

I'm also working now. Got to say apples support were top notch. Plusnet however..... 

RebekaPreston
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 31

Hi Andy_mccoy,

I completely understand the inconvenience surrounding the iMessage services and rest assured, we did take a look into this when it was brought to our attention. However, as previously advised, there was no relation to the iMessage issue from a network level that could have been causing this and we did advise to speak with Apple themselves regarding the matter.

We're glad to hear that this has now been resolved and I can assure you that all your responses have been fed back to the relevant department.

- Rebeka 

RooDBwoY
Hooked

Ok folks, little update from EE tech support as well.

It turns out Apple were trialling some software on the activation services that were not recognising the SMS activations, hence the problem. Changes have been reverted and all back to normal.

All sorted now anyway.