cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage, FaceTime problem after number port

Vinnyv

iMessage, FaceTime problem after number port

I am about ready to pull what little hair I have left out after joining Plus net.

I ordered a sim card and popped it in to my iPhone 6S plus to replace my GiffGaff card. it worked a treat and i ported my original number from giffgaff.

After the port completed i noticed that my FaceTime and iMessage wasn't working properly and the phone was trying to activate the original Plusnet number which was now obsolete. It reads on both FaceTime and IMessaging that it is waiting for activation and the number is greyed out with a little circle next to it going around as it waits for it to be activated, this is clearly never going to happen. The ported number from Giffgaff is nowhere to be seen.

I thought this would be a quick fix but after several hours and trying about everything i found on the web i am struggling

I have tried turning the phone off and back on again. logging out and back in to iMessage, FaceTime and even my apple id with no luck.

Surely there is an answer to this problem... Can anyone help ?Huh

1 REPLY 1
SarahStewart
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 6

Re: iMessage, FaceTime problem after number port

Hi Vinnyv, 

I'm very sorry to hear you're having some issues following your port. 

If you try resetting your network settings this should resolve the issue for you.

You can do this by going through the following steps; Go to Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings. 

Your phone will then restart and you should be up and running again!