Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to login to my account

FIXED
Oldjim
Resting Legend
Fixes: 63

how to login to my account

it asks for username and password neither of which mean anything as I didn't setup either

8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: how to login to my account

Fix

Username = account number

Password can be reset on login page.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
Oldjim
Resting Legend

well it should have said so

and why wasn't I asked to setup a password during the order process

a lack of joined up thinking as per usual Crazy

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Oldjim

You wouldn't be asked to set up a password for My Account during the order for security purposes.

Once the SIM card has activated, you would've received a Welcome Email to confirm and this will also contain your username. There'll also be a URL to generate a password too. 

The link is only valid for 24 hours, however, it's something that can be reset if needed.-Ashleigh

Oldjim
Resting Legend

why - when I started with broadband I had to select a username and password as part of the order process so why is it different with a mobile phone

I have just looked through the various emails and I have one saying my account is active but didn't include a password reset url and didn't say that the account number was the username

Anonymous
Not applicable

I appreciate your feedback and it's certainly something I can raise to the relevant department, however, at the moment Broadband and Mobile operate in a different way with separate processes, etc. -Ashleigh

Oldjim
Resting Legend

so why did the last email I received say this

This email (in a nutshell)

• Welcome to Plusnet Mobile, your new SIM is now ready to use.
  • Your account number is ********. Keep it safe.

• Your Smart Cap is £10. Change it by calling us free on 500 from your mobile.
  • You can access My Account via:

www.plus.net/my-account/mobile

Anonymous
Not applicable

Within the same e-mail, if you scroll further down there'll be a section called 'boss your account'. Under this section, it will contain the following information: 

Everyone likes being in control, so we've made it easy for you to view your details, check your usage and eye-up your remaining allowance in the My Account section. Your username is your account number (handy reminder below) and you'll need to set up a password before you log in. To get going, simply follow the link below.

Below this, will be a link called 'get your password' which will divert you to generate the rest of your log-in details. -Ashleigh 

Oldjim
Resting Legend

you mean the part I can't see as I have webmail set to text only - very useful that is