cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error in billing - charged international number to turkey

open768

error in billing - charged international number to turkey

Hello, has anyone else had a similar problem with mysterious international numbers on the bill.

I accidentally typed 9 infront of a phone number and thought nothing of it as the call gibbered some strange language at me.

when I see my plusnet bill it claims I rang turkey!!! which is +90 and charged me

I checked my phone log, its definitely not + anything.

so why is plusnet billing international numbers when the phone number rung was not an international number.... to be billed, surely the customer should dial the recognised international number prefix for the country which is in this case +90, not just 90

eh?

2 REPLIES 2
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: error in billing - charged international number to turkey

Hi there @open768!

Thank you for getting in touch with us.

I'm really sorry to hear about this mistake.

Most handsets don't allow the option to type in a '+' before a number.

For this reason, the calls will still connect internationally without the '+' being at the beginning.

I understand this is a genuine error, so please send me a PM so I can access your account and see if there's anything we can do for you!

Thanks

-Oli

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Re: error in billing - charged international number to turkey

My understanding is that the '+' is converted to the international prefix, which for the UK is '00'.

So there should be no way for a number starting 90 to be recognised. It would have to be 0090

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.