cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

error code 38 when sending messages

Chalky80

error code 38 when sending messages

Hi, I've just replaced my phone and although I can receive messages, I get an error 38code when trying to message anybody.
I've turned the phone off amd on, taken the sim out amd out it back in, tried changing the network to someone else and then back to plusnet amd also tired a couple of different messaging apps. Please help!
Tony
8 REPLIES 8
Sarah3

Re: error code 38 when sending messages

I have the same issue. Any help would be great as I use my phone for work purposes. Thanks. Xx
Power14
Dabbler
Fixes: 1

I am getting the same error 38, when sending texts.

se13141

I also cannot send texts this morning, but can receive them.

Suspect the issue is wider spread...

Colin_Maybe
Pro
Fixes: 8

Can't say it's affected me but having a quick Google it seems very common across all networks.

You seem to have tried all the suggested fixes, did you remove the sim when you were powered off and then reinsert when back up and running?

jdlb

Same error here. New customer. Seems to be intermittent.

Chalky80

Hi Colin, yep, powered down and took out sim and replaced it and then powered back up.
Seems to be lots of people report it across networks, but not many posts on how to fix it! I've been on plusnet for a couple of months on an iPhone and changed to a moto g5 yesterday. Deactivated imesaage, so I know it about causing the issue either. It's let me send a couple of messages, but have had maybe 30+ failed attempts during that time. So annoying as need to be able to contact oekple. Hoping someone from plusnet will be along shortly, otherwise a call to customer services at lunch!
jewelie
Dabbler

Hi all

I'm seeing this too on both mine and my partner's phone, since yesterday.  Different sims, accounts, phones, and messaging apps - only constant is plusnet mobile - so I assume it's a network problem.

I've been conducting tests and think I've found a workaround.  Smiley

Try sending only short text messages.  It looks like multi-part (bigger than 160 characters) texts are getting blocked, but short ones are going through.

If this works for you, do say so, as I imagine this could help others and also help plusnet & EE to pin down the issue?

Julie

xxx

EDIT: Scratch that; it was just a statistical co-incidence.... even short messages are struggling to send.   Sad

dvorak
Fixes: 1,483

Moderators Note.

now a known issue, so locking this thread in favour of https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/Plusnet-Mobile-Text-Message-Issues/m-p/1431414
Customer / Moderator
If it helped click the thumb
If it fixed it click 'This fixed my problem'