Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

eSim, Plusnet and EE

my53rdchoice
Grafter

eSim, Plusnet and EE

Hi,

Is Plusnet on the EE network?

If it is, I assume from previous posts Plusnet aren't currently providing eSims but is there any will to do it in the future or is it something which is not going to happen

Cheers

Tags (2)
6 REPLIES 6
adamwalker
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 221

Re: eSim, Plusnet and EE

Hi there, sorry for the delayed response from us, yes this was mentioned to us as something we'll be working towards providing in the future, there's no set timescale for that as yet though. 

Do let us know if you have any other questions for us. 

Adam

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Adam Walker
 Plusnet Help Team
ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

With the lack of Wifi Calling, 5G and eSIM’s it really looks like I’m forced into moving my number over to Vodafone in a couple of months when my contract here has runs its course.

I’ve really been happy here at PN but the network is really getting a bit long in the tooth now.

newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

It's not the "network" (EE) Chris, but more PN don't/can't take advantage of all it's frequencies and options.

I use a "cheap" provider which piggybacks EE but with  everything available.

Similarly, almost, with another bargain basement operator which uses the Vodafone network.

ChrisAtBristol
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 4

Hi newagetraveller

Yes like I said “I’ve really been happy here” but since I joined PN back in the “Life” network days technology has moved on and my phone has been renewed about every 2 years since I came to PN and every year functions in the phone are not being used because of the network I’m using.

As an example 2 years ago my new phone then had the ability to use eSIM’s and the second possible phone number/back-up goes to waste because of the lack of eSIM’s here. Now I’ve updated my phone again with a 5G phone so yet another possible use not being used because of network restrictions.

I’m going for a Vodafone Basic eSIM that does not include 5G but will cover that by using a cheap MVNO that does cover 5G for when I require it.

Rishmiester

would be good for plusnet to get esim! I wonder what the reasons are for why it doesn’t have it yet?
newagetraveller
Pro
Fixes: 2

" I joined PN back in the “Life” network days"

Ah, Life Mobile. I used them for a long time until it was broadcast that PN were taking over. I cancelled then.

Problem was, my closed account was transferred and I kept receiving a £0 bill from PN! It was sorted out after contacting PN though, three times for three months of £0.🙄