cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

charged for calls/texts under roam like at home

callerwaiting22

charged for calls/texts under roam like at home

I have been charged for calling and texting Irish mobile phones while in Ireland. I thought this was covered under my contract as roam like at home. Have I misunderstood, or been mischarged?

5 REPLIES 5
Townman
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 154

Re: charged for calls/texts under roam like at home

RoI is in international band 1 - see here Roaming and international calls | Help | Plusnet

Band 1 is marked with a dagger (†) ...

"Where no charges are listed above, these services are included within your mobile plan allowance. Once you have used all of your allowance, you will be charged the same charges as when you are in the UK. These charges can be found in our Mobile Price Guide."

That seems to suggest that unless you have exceeded your allowances there is no charge for calling RoI numbers from the UK and therefore infers that calling RoI numbers when roaming like at home, in RoI should also not be charged if you have not exceeded your allowance.

Clearly a staff response is required for an affirmed interpretation of the rules. 

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

willcutforth
Plusnet Help Team
Plusnet Help Team
Fixes: 95

Hey there @callerwaiting22 can you send over your mobile number and name via PM and I will have a look into this for you? What @Townman said is correct so I just want to make sure nothing has been exceeded.

If this post resolved your issue please click the 'This fixed my problem' button
 Will Cutforth
 Plusnet Help Team
callerwaiting22

Hi @willcutforth - I get an access denied message when I try to PM you via this platform. Is there another way to get my details to you please?

MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 383

@callerwaiting22 to get PM privileges, you need to have either made 5 posts in total  or 3 posts and have logged in twice for at least 10 minutes. So another reply to this thread will probably be sufficient

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

callerwaiting22

Super, thanks @MisterW