Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

cancelling mobile

FIXED
MAREK_W
Hooked

cancelling mobile

Dear Community,

Have had problems with the Plusnet Mobile.  Today, I rang to cancel my order.  I have got my Username, and PUK code.  Could anyone tell me how I finish the process now, please?

Marek_w

5 REPLIES 5
Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

Re: cancelling mobile

Fix

Find a new provider, and when you sign up with them give them the PUK code.

The new provider will then arrange for your existing mobile number to be transferred to them.

You will probably find that the SIM card the new provider sends you will have a different number - this is normal.

The actual transfer of service will probably be done in two parts:

1.) On the day of transfer you put the new SIM card in your phone. For up to 24 hours you may have a different mobile number, until......

2.) At some point in the 24 hours after your service transferring, your old number will be ported across to the new provider. You might have to restart your phone to activate this.

You will probably receive text messages at each stage of the process.

Any outstanding credit on your Plusnet account will normally be credited back to your bank once your final bill is produced - usually after a few weeks. Do not cancel the Direct Debit with your bank until you have received this.

MAREK_W
Hooked

Dear Mr Paul,

Thanks very much for that message,

Marek_w

Mustrum
Community Veteran
Fixes: 77

Good try @Mr_Paul   but it is a PAC code that is used to transfer a number to another provider.

Edit to add:

Don't get confused between a PUK code and a PAC code. A PUK code unblocks a phone when an PIN has been entered incorrectly too many times. A PAC code is obtained when someone wants to leave a service provider and use their device on another network.

Mr_Paul
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 11

@Mustrum 

Yes, I got my PAC's and PUK's mixed up. 😀

The OP did state that they already contacted Plusnet to cancel and been given a "PUK code" - I assume that they made the same mistake as me?

I can't see any reason why they would have actually been given a PUK code - unless the Plusnet CS person also made the same mistake? 🤔

Smith7
Seasoned Pro
Fixes: 3

All you have to do is text PAC to 65075 from the number you want to switch. Sending the text is free of charge. That's it. You should get a text back with your PAC code within one minute.

Even though PN don't support short codes they do support this number very strange 

You don't have to speak to anyone at PN or your new provider it's all done on line via email's and text's

I've just moved from PN to Lebara via USwitch very easy to do and have a very good deal