cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

can't get data

middleton292

can't get data

hello newbie here my new sim works fine calls,texts,,wifi,but whatever i try i can't get data to work a simple explanation of how to fix if possible thank you. looked around the forum and best solution i can find is sending mike williams a pm why should this be.thanks again.

8 REPLIES 8
OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Re: can't get data

Hi @middleton292!

Thank you for getting in touch!

I'm really sorry to hear that your data isn't working straight away.

The most likely cause of this is something in your phone's settings.

Please try and make the following changes if you can, with your date turned on & WiFi turned off.

If you have an Android phone, please try and amend the following settings:

1. Go to Menu > Settings > Wireless & Networks (or More) > Mobile Networks > Access Point Names > Menu > New APN

2. Without changing any other settings, type in the following info:

Name: EE Internet
    APN: everywhere
    Username: eesecure
    Password: secure
    MMSC: http://mms/
    MMS Proxy: 149.254.201.135
    MMS Port: 8080
    Authentication type: PAP
    APN type: If there's a choice, choose internet+mms. If the keyboard appears, type *

3. Tap Menu, then Save

4. To start your new APN, make sure the line is ticked or the radio button is lit by tapping on it.

5. Check the notification bar for 4G, H, 3G, E or G with up and down arrows beside it. That'll show your connection is working.

If you have an iPhone, there are a couple of different ways to change the settings, depending on the model.

Please try resetting the network first, to do this, you just need to go to:

Menu > Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.

Let me know how you get on! There are a few other things we can look at if these don't fix it straight away!

Thank you

-Oli

AndyTop

Hi exactly the same problem here, new plusnet user. Iphone 6, tried everything I could find in the community forums (including the network settings reset) but no mobile data available. Calls and texts are available though. Cheers
MisterW
Superuser
Superuser
Fixes: 393

Have you checked for ( and deleted!) any left over profiles from the old sim as described in this thread https://community.plus.net/t5/Mobile/NO-DATA-no-access-to-APN-settings-on-iphone/td-p/1400224/page/3

Superusers are not staff, but they do have a direct line of communication into the business in order to raise issues, concerns and feedback from the community.

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi AndyTop

I'm very sorry to hear that you haven't been able to access data!

I will suggest that this could be caused by your iphone still storing the old providers profile, meaning you are unable to access data on our network. If this is the case, then you will need to go to Settings - General - Profile. If the old providers profile still shows here, please delete it. This should allow you access to a data connection Smiley 

If this is unsuccessful, however, please send me a DM and I can have a look into your account to see if there is anything that needs updating Smiley

Thanks!
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
MWW

Hi I also have this problem.

Summary: iPhone 8+

I received the Plusnet sim and everything worked fine, ported my number and now I can't get a data connection although it says i have a Plusnet 3G connection. I have tried a network settings reset and even a hard reset and setting the phone up from scratch rather than a restore, no joy.

I have no access to the APN settings and there is no Profile as mentioned in other threads, a hard reset would have removed these anyway.

I have noticed that under Settings>Mobile Data it says EE and when I click on Carrier Services it takes me to the EE website and when I click on Set Up Personal Hotspot it says I have to contact EE to set it up on this account. Before the number port i could use a personal hotspot fine.

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi MWW,

I'm very sorry to hear this, I can definitely understand any frustrations felt!

I can see you have sent a PM with regards to this also, so I will continue to assist on there Smiley 

Thanks
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team
AndyTop

Hi,

Thought I'd update after I found a fix - I had no profiles available to view on my iphone 6. However, after doing a full factory reset, setting up my iphone as a new phone and then signing in with my apple id and re-setting up my phone manually (signing in with your apple id will automatically reload your contacts, photos, music, anything in the cloud - you just need to re-load your apps from the 'purchased' menu on the app store and put the settings back to how you liked them), I was able to access Plusnet's mobile data network. It was like there was some corrupted data/profile held in my icloud back up, so by starting again from scratch I'd removed any residual bugs that had accumulated over the many versions of iOS I'd gone through since creating my apple id.

It was a bit of a chew on, but it worked.

Hope this helps someone.

Andy

OliGaffney
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 7

Hi @AndyTop!

Thank you so much for taking the time to post your fix on here!

I'm sure it will come in handy Smiley

I'm so glad you found a way to get it working!

-Oli