cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

calls going to voicemail

FIXED
discoverytdi

calls going to voicemail

Am I the only one since Friday 24th, all my incoming calls go straight to voicemail reported it to CS, and they admit to the problem but no mention on the PN website now Sunday and no resolution

8 REPLIES 8
Strat
Community Veteran
Fixes: 565

Re: calls going to voicemail

Fix

My Daughter told me yesterday that her calls to me were going straight to voice-mail.

Nothing reported on EE status for our area.

Windows 10 Firefox 109.0 (64-bit)
To argue with someone who has renounced the use of reason is like administering medicine to the dead - Thomas Paine
HumbleWeeble

I only found out yesterday that I have not been able to receive texts or calls since late afternoon last Wednesday (22nd). Phone calls were going directly to voicemail. I contacted PN Customer Services, and they confirmed that it was part of the EE outage issue. They were told on Saturday morning that it would be sorted "within 48 hours" but the agent's voice betrayed her frustration and lack of confidence and so it was no surprise to find this morning that it was not solved.

In fact, it's now worse because it doesn't even go to voicemail but the message says that the phone number is either incorrect or it is not on the network. Have you had this issue?

jpg0

Also have this same problem.

The earliest I'm aware of it was around 1am Saturday morning, someone tried calling me and it went straight to voicemail but I thought nothing of it at the time and assumed I had poor reception - however, this morning work tried phoning me and it too went straight to voice, as did it from my landline and my mothers plusnet mobile. The odd thing is her service is working fine and she can text me fine, yet when others tried to text nothing came through until 9:30pm this evening so I assumed the issue had been resolved, but now upon phoning my number there is silence for a good 10+ seconds and it once again goes to voicemail.

HumbleWeeble

I contacted Customer Services yesterday due to the change in my situation. I confirmed that the situation persisted even when I changed my sim card to another (factory reset) phone. They are going to send me a new sim card with no guarantee that it will solve the problem. I hope it does, but I am not confident. It almost feels like there is a missing link in a database somewhere so maybe the activation of a new sim card might do it.

My wife has the same set up as me and she doesn't have any problems. She can text me (nobody else can) but not phone me. 

jpg0

Problem is still persisting today and once again going directly to voicemail as opposed to the lengthy silence before going to voice as it did last night. I have yet been able to contact customer service due to working, but I sincerely hope their answer isn't a factory reset of my phone and a new sim because this is clearly a network issue.
jpg0

Just to rule out the handset, I've tried my sim in 2 other devices and the same thing is happening - I can successfully make outgoing calls but any incoming calls go straight to voicemail, I'm almost certain this is a network issue at this point, hopefully I will have some time tomorrow morning and be able to get hold of customer services to raise my issue.

jpg0

Issue resolved!

I managed to call customer services today and it was merely a case of disconnecting from the plusnet mobile network, by going into the phones options and trying to join another network (e.g. O2, or Vodafone, even though I was unable to join either of those networks) and then reconnecting back to the plusnet network and everything worked again.

Apparently the lovely customer service lady on the phone told me the issue is known as of Wednesday last week and they've only just discovered a fix today.

HumbleWeeble

Thank you for your post and am glad that you have now been fixed.

Mine is fixed too. I arrived home at lunchtime today, just minutes after the postman had dropped off a new sim card. Luckily, I decided to have a coffee before starting the new sim process. During this period two texts came in (the first since last Wednesday apart from those from my wife's phone). I am also now able to receive phone calls too. So, in the end it was fixed without me doing anything so fingers-crossed that is the end of the matter.

Thank you for keeping me informed via your posts on this forum.