cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet to see my SIM—is it normal to receive an email saying that it's active?

traipsecolander

Yet to see my SIM—is it normal to receive an email saying that it's active?

I purchased a 30-day SIM on the 4th of September in order to try Plusnet out. I am, however, away from my billing address for a bit, so a relative remailed the envelope to me on the day that they received it.

On the day I would have expected it to get to me, I got the "Your SIM is now active" email. I've been with the provider I'd like to leave since 2011, so I'm not sure if this is normal. My expectation is that I would have to activate it somehow.

I've checked my Plusnet usages and everything seems fine. I would assume that if the SIM had been intercepted, then the con would have not delayed in throwing a transcontinental street party with my smart cap.

Here's a timeline of events

4/09: Order placed

5/09: Your SIM is on its way

6/09: Received at billing address. Remailed 1st class—and before lunch, too.

7/09: Your SIM is active!

8/09: ?Huh

9/09: Probably a victim of criminal conspiracy.

Thanks!

2 REPLIES 2
MichaelWilliams
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Plusnet Alumni (retired)
Fixes: 15

Re: Yet to see my SIM—is it normal to receive an email saying that it's active?

Hi there traipsecolander, welcome to Plusnet Mobile Smiley

No need to worry - this is all perfectly normal! We activate SIMs the day after we dispatch them automatically, as a lot of customers will have them by then.

Drop me a PM if you'd like me to make any changes to the account - now the account is live on our system, we can adjust your Smart Cap, change the Direct Debit date or set up bundle notifications over text message. Just give me a shout!

traipsecolander

Re: Yet to see my SIM—is it normal to receive an email saying that it's active?

Thanks for the reply. I'll give it a bit longer then get in contact.