cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Yet another porting delay

nantlass

Yet another porting delay

I feel I've made a massive mistake joining Plusnet mobile.  Took the decision to go with Plusnet phone and broadband for our new house.  All went fine with the installation so decided to go with their mobile.  Big mistake, by the sounds of it.  I have the same problem as a lot if other folk, lost my number with O2 soon after doing the 'simple porting procedure.  I'm left with a mobile number no-one knows and no idea when the transfer will be completed.  Just signed up my husband, which seems to be another mistake.  He hasn't attempted to port his number yet as he's worried he'll finish up in the same situation as me.  I was very hopeful when I joined but now thinking I'm trapped.  Disappointed.

6 REPLIES 6
Chris_17135

Re: Yet another porting delay

Exactly the same problem with me too. Number left Vodafone on Tuesday morning, still not working today. No communication from plusnet, talked to me like there's no issue when I phoned them... How long do you leave it before giving up on it? Also trying to convince my wife it's a good idea to move to plusnet! I am unsure myself. If this is the legendary customer service then I think I should have stayed with Vodafone.... At least I haven't been advised on where to go on holiday yet.
JR1

According to Plusnet their entire porting system is currently broken and lots of people are in this predicament, including me!

My suggestion is you email their CEO to complain.  If he gets enough heat from customers they may just pull their fingers out and fix it.

His email address is [Removed]

Moderator's note by Mike (Mav): Email address removed.

JR1

Just search for ceomail on Google and you'll find the site that has his (and other) emails.

Chris_17135

As if by magic, mine is now done. 😃
JR1

And mine!!  Just shows that moaning to the most important people works!

LivRobinson
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Hi @nantlass@JR1@Chris_17135,

Thanks for getting in touch!

I am very sorry to hear that you have all experienced delays with your recent port-ins!

@JR1@Chris_17135, it is great to hear that this has now completed for both of you, I can assure you that this will be down to the operations teams investigations, and I massively appreciate your patience with them on this. If you require any further assistance, please let me know via DM and I will be happy to help Smiley

@nantlass, Could I just confirm whether your port has now completed, or are you still awaiting this? Either way, I will be more than happy to have a look into your account if you need me to! 

I will take this time to once again apologise to each of you for any inconvenience caused by these delays, and to advise that I will be more than happy to look into compensation for any time without your number, just send me a DM and we can pass security! 

Thanks,
Liv

Liv Robinson
 Plusnet Help Team