Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

YOUR CURRENT USAGE shows wrong month

flanzm
Pro
Fixes: 15

YOUR CURRENT USAGE shows wrong month

Hi Plusnet,

I've just been migrated from Lifemobile - just thought you would like to know that my current usage is showing the wrong month

Today it says "Overview for the period 16 December 2016 - 16 January 2017 - Including bolt-ons"  clearly this should be "16 November 2016 - 16 December 2016".

It also says "Bill produced on 16 December 2016".  My last bill was produced on 16th November 2016!

I know this is minor but it doesn't give a very good impression to be honest!

7 REPLIES 7
Anonymous
Not applicable

Re: YOUR CURRENT USAGE shows wrong month

Hi, 

If you could send me a private message with your account details, I'll certainly have a look into this for you. -Ashleigh

dwp
Dabbler

Seems like a general problem - I've been migrated and see the same thing. At least the current usage shows the total allowances of voice, texts and data are what I used to have with Life, which is reassuring.

But there was more confusion - I got the "Say hello to Plusnet Mobile" email yesterday and clicked on My Account at the bottom and was taken to a webpage which asked me to login. Since it was a Plusnet page and I've had a Plusnet landline for years I naturally used my Plusnet login details, but was rejected. Turns out I needed my old Lifemobile username and password ! Does that mean I'm always going to have two accounts with Plusnet, with two usernames and two passwords ?

And when I did get logged in and looked at my "historical usage" my heart sank - yet another website full of acres of wasted white space between a few lines of relevant text. Even on my 15" laptop I can only see 9 lines and have to scroll down to the 10th, then click to see another 10 (sorry, 9 !) and so on ad nauseam. You could easily fit 30 lines on a screen at once and save us all endless scrolling and clicking. I've suffered from RSI in the past and this sort of bad design is guaranteed to bring it back. Maybe one day web designers will consult users about what they want and then this current fashion will pass and be replaced by something more user-friendly. Maybe it would help if someone sued for personal injury !

flanzm
Pro

Yes you will need two logins - one for mobile and one for phone, broadband and television.  I really hope over time they migrate this into one login and migrate this onto one direct debit etc.  I suspect for the moment they have just taken the Life Mobile systems and bolted them into the existing website to get things going.

Plusnet have confirmed that this is a bug and development are looking at it.  Like I say it's minor, but it's surprising that people are finding bugs/issues with the website that should have been found in testing.

ZiQi

Same here, showing wrong month.  Jumps from October to December. 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Same here but the worrying thing is that  the Amount Due says £0.00  hope they take the correct amount of £5.95 next week.

I normally receive a text advising me that the direct debit will be taken will see if I get that as normal. 

dwp
Dabbler

They assured me nothing would change - exactly the same allowances and the same tariff - £4.95.  And while the allowances seem to have been transferred over ok, Plusnet have just made their first monthly charge - £4.96 ! Now I'm hardly likely to sue over 1p, but I wonder by what sort of logic they arrived at that figure. Perhaps they just need the extra 12p a year !

flanzm
Pro

Just to let you know this has been fixed for me - it now shows my month usage and bills correctly.