Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wrong address on first mobile bill

FIXED
djh22
Aspiring Pro
Fixes: 5

Wrong address on first mobile bill

Hello - Still waiting for sim to arrive and just had my first mobile bill but it has the wrong address on it.

If the sim has gone to the address on the bill I will never get it as it's an empty property just down the road from my actual address and is  up for sale.

How can I correct the address please ?

Ta,

Del.

3 REPLIES 3
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Re: Wrong address on first mobile bill

I phoned CS today and a very helpful lad up north who tried to correct my address but the system kept populating the wrong address,he has reported this to the system team and is going to get back to me.

He also sent out another mobile sim but I forgot to ask if

1 would it be classed as another new sim or a replacement that would need to be activated by a phonecall to CS ?

2 what happens if the original sim turns up before tye second one ?

Any ideas please ?

Ta,

Del.

Gandalf
Community Gaffer
Community Gaffer
Fixes: 1,600

Fix

Thanks for your post and welcome to our Community Forums @djh22 

I'm sorry to see your address is wrong and you've not received your SIM as a result.

@djh22 wrote:

How can I correct the address please ?

You should be able to update your address in your account online Here but it sounds like there's an address issue in the systems, so it may not work for you like it didn't for the adviser you'd spoken to.

1 would it be classed as another new sim or a replacement that would need to be activated by a phonecall to CS ?

It'll be classed as a replacement SIM, but if you can drop me a private message once you've got it, either myself or one my colleagues will be happy to activate it for you as soon as we can, or you can call us back on 0800 079 1133.

2 what happens if the original sim turns up before tye second one ?

I'd recommend using the original SIM as that'll be active and you can dispose of the replacement. 

The original SIM will basically stay active until we've done a SIM swap on your account to activate the new one.

If you private message me, please include the following details (to pass our data protection checks) and include a link to this thread as our staff private messages go through a centralised system internally, so I might not actually personally message you back. Although just a few of us monitor our Community Forums so there’s a good chance I’d pick it up. 

+Your mobile number

+Your full name

+Your full address

+Are you the account holder?

+Your date of birth

+Last 2 digits of your bank account number

+Last 2 digits of your bank sort code

From 31st October 2022, I no longer have a regular presence here as I’ve moved on to a new role.
Anoush Mortazavi
Plusnet
djh22
Aspiring Pro

Thanks Gandalf.